Broken Puzzle

General Questions.
Chyron

Re: Broken Puzzle

Post by Chyron »

I'd imagine if enough direct force was placed on the end of a Revomaze, it could shear the pin in half. It'd be a lot of force. And the random dynamics of 'falling down 5 flights of stairs' probably would just cause a whole bunch of dents or broken walls. Now if it was dropped, from 5 stories up, in a relatively controlled (no spin) fall, I can totally see the shearing happen.

Either way I don't suspect the sleeve is in great shape, which means it'l probably get stuck in certain areas of the maze.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

Interestingly, the pin is far stronger than the core ... you'll bend a pin, but not break it. It will however cause irreparable damage to the core, and possibly the sleeve, both of which are softer metals than the pin
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
Keebler

Post by Keebler »

Oh, five flights of stairs, the inner core was absolutely destroyed. Don't forget though that I had another puzzle with which to play. The puzzle I received was broken in such a way that I was able to free the pin by destroying a part of the maze that the pin would never land in again (I won't elaborate as I may have said too much all ready). In any case, feel free to pm me with an email address if you are that interested. I won't send pictures via pm though because that would require me to resize them and frankly, they become worthless if made too small. In any such case, an explanation of how I did this would kill a bit of the mystery that we all come to realize after playing with one of these puzzles.
pcad

Post by pcad »

I understand what you did. Hope you'll be able to share your pictures with us someday.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves

Return to “Bronze General”