Broken Puzzle

General Questions.
Keebler

Broken Puzzle

Post by Keebler »

My bronze broke a few weeks ago and I sent in for a used one. I eagerly waited for it to come in so that I could FINALLY work on solving it (home stretch). It came in today. So I gingerly picked it up and started the maze. But ten seconds in, it broke...fantastic.

So now I have two broken puzzles. I emailed the company again (but didn't call because it is international).

I am NOT in the pool. The shaft hardly wiggles from left to right and moves completely up and down. I can see the dot at the end but it is not lined up and there is nothing I can do to proceed. I put it into the freezer a few minutes ago and I am going to see what that does. Does anyone else have advice? I am frustrated and sad about the whole situation.
Bidle

Re: Broken Puzzle

Post by Bidle »

Keebler wrote:My bronze broke a few weeks ago and I sent in for a used one. I eagerly waited for it to come in so that I could FINALLY work on solving it (home stretch). It came in today. So I gingerly picked it up and started the maze. But ten seconds in, it broke...fantastic.

So now I have two broken puzzles. I emailed the company again (but didn't call because it is international).

I am NOT in the pool. The shaft hardly wiggles from left to right and moves completely up and down. I can see the dot at the end but it is not lined up and there is nothing I can do to proceed. I put it into the freezer a few minutes ago and I am going to see what that does. Does anyone else have advice? I am frustrated and sad about the whole situation.

That's too bad,...

Why could the freezer help?
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

I think it's Very sad but you should PM joseph ( REVOGUY) about it he's been Very helpfull whit one of my broken puzzle :cry:
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Bidle wrote:
Why could the freezer help?
Metal contracts when cold. That means slightly more wiggle room in a metal puzzle. It's not much but in tight tolerance items it can help.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

It sounds like you're just in the main reset trap which runs from end to end. At one end the shaft would probably be out far enough to get a glimpse of the dot on the core. At the other end there should be a ramp to get back I to the start ring.... I've know this ramp to be stiff on some puzzle when they're new, but its not often.

To have a broken bronze would surprise me, to have two broken bronze puzzles makes me think they're either not broken or you're being way too enthusiastic with them. As I said though, what you describe just sounds like you're in the reset line.

I'm not sure where the idea of sticking a revo in the freezer started on this forum, but unless its stuck completely solid then I can only assume that those who say it works have experienced some sort of placebo effect...
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Keebler

Post by Keebler »

I would imagine and no, I was not being too enthusiastic. The first one was my fault. I dropped it from a pretty good distance on accident (my luck is awful).

I do believe it is a problem with the reset. I think it is the ramp. I am pretty sure that it is the ramp. I'm not sure why it is doing that, but it is. I had only one try to solve the puzzle and the second I fell into the main reset zone, it seized up. I'm really not sure what to do at this point. I would absolutely love to fix it without having to send the puzzle back and I cannot afford to pay for any more shipping.
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

Keebler wrote:I would imagine and no, I was not being too enthusiastic. The first one was my fault. I dropped it from a pretty good distance on accident (my luck is awful).

I do believe it is a problem with the reset. I think it is the ramp. I am pretty sure that it is the ramp. I'm not sure why it is doing that, but it is. I had only one try to solve the puzzle and the second I fell into the main reset zone, it seized up. I'm really not sure what to do at this point. I would absolutely love to fix it without having to send the puzzle back and I cannot afford to pay for any more shipping.
if you're in the main vertical reset just push the core all the way back into the sleeve. it should get to a ramp at the end that may need a little bit of force to get the pin up, and then it'll click back into the reset ring. then you're ready to go again ;)
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
Keebler

Post by Keebler »

No dice
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

Hmmm, i just tried mine and it's not possible to see the dot from the main vertical reset line, so i have no idea where you are!! :?
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
pcad

Post by pcad »

I gave this some thought and I don't think you're in the main reset line. If you were there's no way you would see the dot. There's only one way I can imagine that what you describe can happen but we can't discuss it in this forum. Send me or one of the team members a map with where you were when this happened. If you don't mind spoilers, pm me and I'll tell you what I think has happened. If what I think happened is true....... :( :shock: :( :cry: :x
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves

Return to “Bronze General”