Black (Pilot) is a new version of the Revomaze series, have you pre-ordered?

General Questions and Progress Updates.
prodigy

Black (Pilot) is a new version of the Revomaze series, have you pre-ordered?

Post by prodigy »

Have you pre-ordered the new Revomaze Lite Black?

Here is the information for the new puzzle:

REVOMAZE Lite (Black) - Pilot

Price:

£60.00 (Excluding VAT)

Difficulty Level:

45/100

Release Date:

Aiming to ship in January 2024

Limited:

Yes, limited to 125

What is included:
  • 1 x REVOMAZE Lite (Black) - Pilot
  • 1 x Assembly Tool
  • 1 x Pin Lock Tool
  • 1 x Allen Key
  • 1 x Thank you card

Important Info:

When you pre-order the pilot, you will receive a unique voucher with a 10% discount that will apply to all 8 puzzles we will sell individually. You will receive this email with your allocated serial number in the new year.

The items included are on pre-order and we will keep in contact with regular updates on the development and the final shipping date we aim for.

We are aiming to start shipments in January, 2024. We will contact you beforehand via email if we were to anticipate any delays in schedule.

Please note, that the only puzzles we will be engraving are on the pilot. The numbers will be allocated as per the order, we will send a confirmation email with your number.

Benefits Info:
  • 10% off voucher applicable to all 8 puzzles when you purchase the pilot
  • Priority shipping to our pilot customers
  • Limited edition to just 125 units
  • Special engraving (only applicable to the pilot)
  • The pilot is also included within the set of 8 while stock lasts

Description:

Introducing the REVOMAZE Lite (Black) - Pilot is a new version of the Revomaze series brought to life by the puzzle inventor Chris Pitt. The pilot is described as a 'challenging' level rated 45 out of 100 on the Revo HQ difficulty scale. The aluminium sleeve and core will be anodised black, with a glossy and eye-catching finish.

The newer designs are lighter, shorter in width, and less in cost. The mazes are 2mm meaning there is more maze space however the walls are thicker allowing for greater pin movement. The pin is fixed until solved, which is an indicator of where you are in the maze, without spoiling it. It falls lower when in a trap, and once completed, the pin lifts, allowing you to remove the inner core with the assembly tool we will be providing, as well as an Allen Key.

We are now able to machine and design these in-house, with the re-designed components, unlike ever before. With the help of our engineers, we will be able to make these at a cost-effective price freeing up time for us to continue the VAULTMAZE project.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Re: Black (Pilot) is a new version of the Revomaze series, have you pre-ordered?

Post by prodigy »

I do not know how the final product, for Lite Black (Pilot), will look like but this is the picture (compared to a standard Revomaze) that we have on the product page:
Attachments
REVOMAZE Lite (Black) - Pilot vs standard Revomaze.png
REVOMAZE Lite (Black) - Pilot vs standard Revomaze.png (640.36 KiB) Viewed 477473 times
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Yffffonz

Re: Black (Pilot) is a new version of the Revomaze series, have you pre-ordered?

Post by Yffffonz »

Pre-ordered...
Let’s see how this goes
AQUA OPEN - BLUE OPEN
GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - GUNMETAL - COPPER - ORANGE - BRONZE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - LIME - GOLD
TURQUOISE - SALMON - MERCURY - RED - BLACK OBS V1 - GREY - PURPLE - BLACK OBS V2 - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
VOYAGER #008
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Yffffonz wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:55 pm Pre-ordered...
Let’s see how this goes
Yes it is really interesting. Great that you have ordered one, let us all know more about it when it arrives. Let's hope they will be delivered without any delay in January as planned!

Did you understand if the maze area is larger on these or the same size due to thicker walls?
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

I’m also on this boat and will be sure to post once I get mine. Here is hoping that they do arrive in January. From all the photos they published it did seem they had a lot of things ready at least. Interestingly (and thankfully) the stickers are now back to Gold foil!

Curious what the feel of a lighter and thinner puzzle will be…
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
Yffffonz

Post by Yffffonz »

prodigy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:39 pm
Let’s see how this goes
Yes it is really interesting. Great that you have ordered one, let us all know more about it when it arrives. Let's hope they will be delivered without any delay in January as planned!

Did you understand if the maze area is larger on these or the same size due to thicker walls?
I believe the maze area is larger based on this statement by Chris in the announcement:

“Using a 2mm cutter (we create a map on a 1mm x 1mm grid), gives us 60 by 34 (2040 points) compared with the 50 by 26 (1300 points) of the standard REVOMAZE giving us a larger area map even though the diameter is smaller.”
AQUA OPEN - BLUE OPEN
GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - GUNMETAL - COPPER - ORANGE - BRONZE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - LIME - GOLD
TURQUOISE - SALMON - MERCURY - RED - BLACK OBS V1 - GREY - PURPLE - BLACK OBS V2 - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
VOYAGER #008
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Yffffonz wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:40 am I believe the maze area is larger based on this statement by Chris in the announcement:

“Using a 2mm cutter (we create a map on a 1mm x 1mm grid), gives us 60 by 34 (2040 points) compared with the 50 by 26 (1300 points) of the standard REVOMAZE giving us a larger area map even though the diameter is smaller.”
Thanks, now I understand. I looked at the example picture on the Black (Pilot) pre-order page and I could count to 34 there. I think what he means by "Using a design making the walls thicker than normal, the user gets good feedback without the fear of damaging the maze." is that a normal wall in the Lite version will be 2 points thick (a normal Revomaze has 1 point thick walls and sometimes also 0.5 point thick walls).

So if we say that half the map are walls that now must be twice as thick then 25% of the area will be lost (maybe this isn't totally correct but at least an approximate comparison). This means that the Lite map will have a comparable size of 45 by 25,5 (~1150 points). So will this not mean that the maze will be shorter than in a standard Revomaze (1300 points vs 1150 points)?
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:41 am From all the photos they published it did seem they had a lot of things ready at least. Interestingly (and thankfully) the stickers are now back to Gold foil!
I don't think that anything can go wrong this time?? At least not for the Black (Pilot) and as you wrote, it looks like Chris already has manufactured a lot of them already. I really think it will be shipped as planned but the Vaultmaze will be delayed instead.

Yes, great that the "more expensive" Gold foil stickers are back :) I hope they learn from their mistakes and ask at least a smaller group if the changes are a good idea or not.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Let’s see how this goes
bluedot99 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:41 am I’m also on this boat and will be sure to post once I get mine.
Did you both order the "REVOMAZE Lite - 8 set + pilot" set?
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I didn't checked how many there were to pre-order to begin with, but I assume it was in total 125 due to the Black (Pilot) also was included in the set.

For the moment there are only 50 left for pre-order (7 sets and 43 singles). So if RevoHQ already has sold 75 of them so far it will probably sell out fast.

I really really wish now that nothing will go wrong with this new product series and they just can mass produce them and ship them out, so Chris can use his time to create new Revomazes and fulfill legacy orders.

Return to “Black Lite General”