Do you think 5/100 is too easy?

General Questions and Progress Updates.
prodigy

Do you think 5/100 is too easy?

Post by prodigy »

What do you think about the difficulty level 5/100 for this one?

The easiest Revomaze so far is Sapphire with difficulty Level 20/100 and I could really enjoy that one due to I did map it to 100% before opening it.

I think personally I could enjoy Lite Aqua just for the mapping but it will be too easy otherwise (I think maybe 40/100 and lower are too easy). But I think it is a really good idea to have these super easy mazes just to get people understand what a Revomaze is and why it is so fun. So it must be a perfect gift for someone new to Revomaze or for friends to try when they visits.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Re: Do you think 5/100 is too easy?

Post by prodigy »

The difficulty rating has now been changed to 10/100.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Lilmike14

Post by Lilmike14 »

I don't think the 5/100 or 10/100 difficulty is meant for us as experienced revomaze solvers.

I reckon the target audience is more towards the younger or elderly audiences that struggle with a normal revomaze due to size, complexity or weight.

Both of my kids are really excited for this one :D
Solved -- Blue & Blue Pro, Green Obs, Bronze, Salmon, Titanium, Aqua & Gunmetal
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Lilmike14 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:21 pm I don't think the 5/100 or 10/100 difficulty is meant for us as experienced revomaze solvers.

I reckon the target audience is more towards the younger or elderly audiences that struggle with a normal revomaze due to size, complexity or weight.

Both of my kids are really excited for this one :D
Yes I agree. Perfect to have in the office and let people try it.
Stianbl

Post by Stianbl »

I agree that it is great to have one or two of the Lites be so easy, that visitors, kids and others could have a go and try and solve it.
So far, i know no other person in real life around me who knows what these revomazes are. And it's impossible for them to get any understanding of the concept, as the ones I have are bronze and up. Way to difficult for a random visitor to try.

However, I hope not all of them are going to be too easy. I'm hoping the others will have interesting mazes that are both fun and difficult to solve. Not just dexterity. I hope I'm still the target audience for most of the lites ^^
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Stianbl wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:30 pm However, I hope not all of them are going to be too easy. I'm hoping the others will have interesting mazes that are both fun and difficult to solve. Not just dexterity.
It will be interesting with the difficulty and what Chris can do with the static mazes and also what could be done with a dynamic maze.

I normally think a 50/100 can be interesting to solve like Black Merc and Mercury. Both not too easy but fun and interesting. Now there will be five Lite mazes so far below 50 so that is maybe too many for my taste but for a beginner it might be perfect.

I am afraid there will be much dexterity as long as the maze is static. What else can you do to make it hard? Hide thin ledges but not much else but maybe Chris has new ideas to include :)
Stianbl

Post by Stianbl »

When i think of dexterity, i think of balancing on thin long edges.
One could still make interesting problems in a static maze, without going for a mile long balance act.
Bronze is a good example i think. The pool is a fun area first time you go for a swim. Dynamic part is just delaying the solving. Not necessarily adding more fun, just more difficult (though I do find it genius, in its simple mechanic!) I have not opened enough revos to pretend to know what's possible, but bronze does provide great fun for the first half. Second half is more what I would look at as dexterity, I guess. But I've heard other mazes are way more dexterity.

I'm really looking forward to giving them all a try! Bought the 8+black. Really want the 4 limited too.. but NOK currency is so bad now, so they are too expensive on top of the 8+black already bought ^^

Return to “Blue Lite General”