Peach V3 Puzzle - What we know so far...

General Questions.
prodigy

Re: Peach V3 Puzzle - What we know so far...

Post by prodigy »

JackBauer wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:13 pm Thanks Prodigy. One of my favorite Revomazes was Ti and that’s and Intermediate so I suspect enjoyment can be found in Intermediates. What it comes down to is if you weigh difficulty level and puzzling time as the main contributors to enjoyment. Most people do I think, I am indeed one of those people but I really want to try and change my outlook on that.
I feel that many of my favorites just took 5-8 hours to solve so the solving time is not so important for me but I like it to be hard and challenging. Examples of favorites that didn't take too long time to solve but that I really love is Indigo, Salmon, Mercury, Bronze and Mint. But I think I got more fun for the money with Orange, Lime, Silver, Handmade and Ruby.

So I personally want challenges inside the maze, hard problems to solve and new areas to discover But it is OK if it is possible to solve the maze in 8 hours.

I hope Peach will be a new favorite!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

Hi guys, as I said, I don’t want to put any spoilers out there. I hope Revo don’t say if this is static or dynamic, the best way is to see for yourself.
I can say that my PE TEST-1 is solved and opened. I can’t say about solve time, difficulty or anything else as there is another tester who has to report his findings when he is ready.
I could not find any fault and see no reason why this is not put into production. Let’s hope the other testers feel the same.

To add to other comments in this thread, I really like (because of the great memories) Blue, Black, Bronze, Orange, Indigo. In fact I still think Blue is one of the greatest puzzles invented and from this we have…….
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
JackBauer

Post by JackBauer »

Alimorris—- Congratulations!!
Opened: Blue, Green, Mint, Bronze, Aqua, Indigo, Orange, Red Obsession, Turquoise, Grey, Gunmetal, Titanium, Sapphire, Blue Mini, Silver, Purple, Blue Pro Obsession, Emerald
WIP: Lime
Shelf: Salmon, Copper, Gold, Ruby, Peach, Black Obsession V2, Handmade, Black Obsession V1
JackBauer

Post by JackBauer »

It’s the price point that is confusing me. It is £114 more than the last Intermediate Revomaze (Emerald) that was released just a few months ago. Why the drastic price increase for what could essentially be a very similar challenge?
Opened: Blue, Green, Mint, Bronze, Aqua, Indigo, Orange, Red Obsession, Turquoise, Grey, Gunmetal, Titanium, Sapphire, Blue Mini, Silver, Purple, Blue Pro Obsession, Emerald
Shelf: Salmon, Copper, Gold, Ruby, Peach, Black Obsession V2, Handmade, Black Obsession V1
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

I hear what you’re saying JackBauer, I’ve pondered this issue myself as well, but since coming back I decided that I do want to solve/have them all if possible and don’t really worry about difficulty or solve time anymore.

I think what prodigy pointed out is about right, enjoyment is the real measure and that one is hard to quantify. Neither difficulty nor solve time correlate well to enjoyment even if we think they should :?

One personal challenge I took on for the beginner and intermediate ones was to employ Zack’s method of solving without mapping first (so dots aligned), not opening the maze and resetting instead. Then resolving it while mapping everything thoroughly, and only opening fully once the map is complete. It was a great way to experience Sapphire twice for me… double the value! ;)

I don’t know if that would work for you, but maybe some other scheme could extend the enjoyment of those easier ones? Maybe solving multiple at a time and only devoting 1h a week to each so you don’t race through them and have time to forget a little between sessions? I now do multiple at a time and I’ve found that’s a good way to solve slower. Anyway, just throwing out some ideas…
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

I think JackBauer and BlueDot make some great points.

Peach is shrouded in a bit of mystery. We don't know if it is static, dynamic, or stamatic (?) and HQ intends on keeping it that way. I applauded them for this decision.

The price point is higher than expected but time is money and this puzzle does take more time to make. Saying why would be a spoiler.

HQ hinted that Peach was a new take on an old puzzle. I actually think it combines my favorite elements from three different Revos. There is a Revo out there that I think is the perfect balance of complexity and enjoyment; a catagory almost impossible to land in and they have IMO come up short with other puzzles. I am surprised HQ tried again and further surprised to see them do well.

As AliMorris shared, Peach is completely free of defects and could go straight into manufacturing. I have re-worked two specific areas of the puzzle. It is not important that HQ implement my changes, however i think changes are crucial. if they do make changes in these areas, I think the community will have a puzzle they adore!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

ReVoRabbit wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:22 pmHQ hinted that Peach was a new take on an old puzzle. I actually think it combines my favorite elements from three different Revos. There is a Revo out there that I think is the perfect balance of complexity and enjoyment; a catagory almost impossible to land in and they have IMO come up short with other puzzles. I am surprised HQ tried again and further surprised to see them do well.

As AliMorris shared, Peach is completely free of defects and could go straight into manufacturing. I have re-worked two specific areas of the puzzle. It is not important that HQ implement my changes, however i think changes are crucial. if they do make changes in these areas, I think the community will have a puzzle they adore!
Very interesting and it sounds really promising. I really hope then that RevoHQ do these crucial changes.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I have now ordered the new Peach :)
JackBauer

Post by JackBauer »

Peach ordered! Wohoo!
JackBauer

Post by JackBauer »

It was Peach or Emerald and I chose Peach!

Return to “Peach General”