Green compared to Blue

General Questions.
Gdamatov77

Green compared to Blue

Post by Gdamatov77 »

How much more difficult is the green compared to the blue?
Last edited by mattangel on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod edit: Topic Title; formally "how much". Content.
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour
mattangel

Re: how much

Post by mattangel »

Some features of the Blue are exaggerated a bit in the Green which makes it an order of magnitude or so more difficult. While the Green Revomaze is the second in the series, it may not be the most difficult to initially open compared to the higher level mazes, but many consider it the most difficult (pre-Gold) to re-open after completion.
RunMasterRy

Post by RunMasterRy »

mattangel1 wrote:Some features of the Blue are exaggerated a bit in the Green which makes it an order of magnitude or so more difficult. While the Green Revomaze is the second in the series, it may not be the most difficult to initially open compared to the higher level mazes, but many consider it the most difficult (pre-Gold) to re-open after completion.

Why is the most difficult to reopen? Can you tell me without giving anything away
BU01200 Open 04/03/11, Green Ordered, Bronze Ordered, Silver Shelfed, Gold Pre-Ordered, Orange Pre-Ordered
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

RunMasterRy wrote:
mattangel1 wrote:Some features of the Blue are exaggerated a bit in the Green which makes it an order of magnitude or so more difficult. While the Green Revomaze is the second in the series, it may not be the most difficult to initially open compared to the higher level mazes, but many consider it the most difficult (pre-Gold) to re-open after completion.

Why is the most difficult to reopen? Can you tell me without giving anything away
I don't think "difficult" is the right word. Maybe that it requires the most practice to reopen.

Put another way: opening Green while drunk would be 10 times harder than opening it sober (I actually tried this last week as an added challenge. :lol: )... Come to think of it, that's probably true with all the revomazes.

As you can see from my sig, I have a nice collection going, and I still think that next to silver, green is my favorite of all the puzzles, for exactly this reason mentioned here.
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
Mercury (paid :cry: )
MT, SA
saber

Re: Green compared to Blue

Post by saber »

The green is logically a bit trickier and requires more dexterity than the blue. Having said that, I opened the green in about 2/3 the time as the blue since I was more familiar with the mechanics of the puzzle. BTW, these were the Obsessions since I don't own any metal versions.

Green is harder to open repeatedly because knowledge of the complete map is no guarantee that you'll be able to follow the proper route.
hobbit

Post by hobbit »

I completed the Blue Obsession a couple weeks ago and started fiddling around with the Green Obsession as well as Bronze Extreme about two days later. Although I honestly haven't had any opportunities to really focus on either one, yet, I can already tell that my belief that they would be similar to the Blue Obsession was wrong. They each seem to have very unique --- attitudes??? I will be enoying these for awhile :-)
Went ahead and ordered a Silver Extreme last week.
Obsessions:
Blue, Green, and Black - Opened.
Extremes:
Blue, Green, Bronze, Orange - Opened.
Red, Silver, Gold - In-hand.
Xaratas

Post by Xaratas »

To make it short: Its just awesome. And i have had a double awesome feeling at the point where i know enough of the map.
BU01143 open | GR01518 open (delivered after 4 months :) ) | BR01504 open | AG00202 | AU00192 delivered (15 Month)

Return to “Green General”