No more Green!

General Questions.
darenwhitaker

Re: No more Green!

Post by darenwhitaker »

I thought Rachel mentioned last fall that the Green would no longer be produced in the near future. And, it does say "Soon to be discontinued" on the web site.

Any consolation, they do come up on ebay often, but prices might start to rise a little. But I wouldn't think much. Green is my favorite so far.
Open - BU02156 / GRmarbles / AQ00066 / MT06-30 / GMmarbles
Working - mini & Black Plastic w/ Green "R"
Not attempted - OR00287 / LM00282 / CU00066 / IN00066 / R00102
CE #058 - Admiring on the shelf
Looking for...Gary Foshee's Open Lock
Sledneck27

Post by Sledneck27 »

I know, its driving me nuts. "Soon to be discontinued", and "Out of Stock". I guess I'll keep checking daily until the website gets updated.
V1 AQ00096 - Open.
V1 BU02237 - Open.
V1 GR01922 - Open.
Sledneck27

Post by Sledneck27 »

YES!
V1 AQ00096 - Open.
V1 BU02237 - Open.
V1 GR01922 - Open.
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Your best bet is to contact RevoGirl or Chris directly. There always seems to be a puzzle or two sitting around.
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Does anyone know why some mazes are taken out of production?

I can understand that limited/collectors editions are limited, but for the ones that isn't, it seems like a strange decition. Wouldn't it be more logical to keep offering the mazes as long as the demand exists? If it's down to lack of interest in certain models, combined with high costs of making smaller batches, a possibility could perhaps be to measure interest before making a batch of some of the older models?

Personally I will probably be buying the ones that are available (only missing green and aqua from the current stock, hoping that I will be abe to get a green). It does seem like I will have to consider buying some used at one point or another, even though I prefer buying new ones.

I guess my dream scenario would be to have a shop of plenty of mazes to choose from, with a steady supply of new mazes over the years so that I can slowly increase my collection.

Ahh, if I only had discovered these puzzles 5 years ago :D
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
tgr

Post by tgr »

SittingDuck wrote:Does anyone know why some mazes are taken out of production?
Maybe there is an improved version on its way. Who knows?
BU02248 Open
GR01925 Open
BR02212 Open
IN00096 Working
MT00022 Working
Sledneck27

Post by Sledneck27 »

mattangel wrote:Your best bet is to contact RevoGirl or Chris directly. There always seems to be a puzzle or two sitting around.
Emma actually saw my post in this thread and contacted me, they did indeed have just a few left. So I jumped on it.
V1 AQ00096 - Open.
V1 BU02237 - Open.
V1 GR01922 - Open.
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Sent Emma a message in the weekend, hoping that there might be one hidden away somewhere for me as well. Will not think twice about it if I have the possibility to get one.

So I basically went from considering buying one or two of these mazes, to wanting them all. Addiction is a strange thing :shock:
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
tgr

Post by tgr »

SittingDuck wrote:Sent Emma a message in the weekend, hoping that there might be one hidden away somewhere for me as well. Will not think twice about it if I have the possibility to get one.
Well, there's at least one hidden in plain sight: the blue, green and bronze set in the web store. Gold plated and all...

Her er det bare å dryle til... (Norwegian: "Go for it")
BU02248 Open
GR01925 Open
BR02212 Open
IN00096 Working
MT00022 Working
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Not sure what I would do with two blue and bronze :D

And it would be hard to explain to my better half why I need several of the same.

Return to “Green General”