After 7 years ... I need help.

General Questions.
GDGR

After 7 years ... I need help.

Post by GDGR »

I've had this thing for 7+ years. I finally decided that the only way I was ever going to solve this was to cheat.

So I made myself a mapping rig and started to map it out. The rig broke, so I made another one.

Here's the weird thing. With the first mapper, I was able to reach a part of the maze that I've been totally unable to reach with the second mapper. Leading me to believe that I accidentally stumbled upon one of the secrets. Am I on to something?

In any case, I'm ready for a hint to move forward from here. How do I get one?
prodigy

Re: After 7 years ... I need help.

Post by prodigy »

Hi and welcome!!!

A mapper could be a little bit to cheat, I agree but map manually is something that most of us must do (some people have the map in their head instead).

You can always send me a PM and include your map and/or description of what you found and where you are for the moment. I will be able to both give you small hints and support you until you have it opened!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluedot99

Re: After 7 years ... I need help.

Post by bluedot99 »

Like prodigy said, mapping itself is not considered cheating. A rig to automap certainly makes the task much easier so it may or may not be a bit of a cheat.

In reality you will learn a lot more from carefully mapping by hand than with a rig since you'll have to carefully navigate when you map manually. In the more difficult ones that will be an asset (the taking time to map and think) and an automapper will either not work well enough or simply not give you much information.

If you like mapping (most of us here do) I highly encourage you to map manually! I've used some combination of ruler, calipers, pen and paper... and now an Apple Pencil and iPad :)

Keep at it, this is the year you will open it!
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!

Return to “Green General”