Maze stuck

General Questions.
SittingDuck

Maze stuck

Post by SittingDuck »

So after finally getting some free time to start on my green maze, I was progressing fairly well. But then I suddenly reached a trap from which I am not able to move at all. So the shaft is now basically totally stuck.

I was navigating through a new path, and after hitting a wall, I made a turn and heard the click. So it seemed like a normal trap, expect that I can't move.

The maze has not been dropped at any time, and no excessive force has been used when solving it.

Any suggestions as to what I could do?

I'm sure it won't make much of a difference, but I have a map to show excatly where I am stuck if needed. It should be detailed enough for anyone who knows the maze to give away where I am stuck.
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
Paradox

Re: Maze stuck

Post by Paradox »

That is odd, especially for a maze like the Green. The only time this sort of thing happens tends to be because there is something (plating fragments/broken wall segment) in the maze path, but even then there is usually some movement.

I assume you've tried repeatedly jiggling the maze in all directions?
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

I actually got it free now, after a good 5 minutes wiggling. Didn't want to use any real force, as that should never be neccassary. There seems to be a small change afterwards in the maze in that specific part, but otherwise it seems fine. So might be a small fragment somewhere.

It should be fairly easy to avoid that specific trap as it in a T-section and so I can just go the other way in the future. I'm at the last third of the maze, so should be able to inspect it soon.

Thanks for the input, time to get back on the horse!
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Good to hear!

It'll be interesting to see what that portion of the maze looks like once you have it open.
Puzzle Paradox Blog

SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

After opening the maze, there were no hints as to what caused the small jam. I also got past the area several times afterwards.

I assume it may could be a small "ledge" in the channel at that spot, which just required a tad more fore than usual to get past the first time. Although the mazes are of metal, I still try to handle them with great care with regards to using force, so I guess I was being a tad too careful.

Anyway, the maze is solved, a nice (and relatively small) step up from the blue in difficulty.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

How very odd. But good news that there's not anything wrong with the innards.
Puzzle Paradox Blog

dutch _puzzler

Post by dutch _puzzler »

I recently started with the green. I think i had the same little issue too. After a bit of wiggling and slightly more force i got out.
AQ00095 :D BU01174 :D
GR01932 :D BR02232 :D

Gunmetal :? MT01023 :?
OR00029 :?
IN00234 :?

Return to “Green General”