Feedback and pictures from the testers

General Questions.
chris_linnick

Feedback and pictures from the testers

Post by chris_linnick »

The first tester opened the Emerald revomaze. Quote below

“I spoke to Chris for about half an hour earlier as I solved this yesterday and wanted a chat with him first. It’s easy to fall into trying to produce the hardest puzzle but making something fun that more people can enjoy is the key.”

The tested posted a lot more and pictures over on discord if you want more feedback on the Emerald. I’m now starting to get excited abo it Emerald.
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com
prodigy

Re: Feedback and pictures from the testers

Post by prodigy »

chris_linnick wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:28 am The first tester opened the Emerald revomaze. Quote below

“I spoke to Chris for about half an hour earlier as I solved this yesterday and wanted a chat with him first. It’s easy to fall into trying to produce the hardest puzzle but making something fun that more people can enjoy is the key.”
Thanks for the information. Please ask the tester also to inform us more here on the forum. That would be really kind of you! Thanks!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Emerald pictures from the third tester (EM-TEST-3) Smiteo:
Emerald  (the darker one) and the other one is the first run of Green V1
Emerald (the darker one) and the other one is the first run of Green V1
IMG_5597.jpeg (67.98 KiB) Viewed 10628 times
Emerald
Emerald
IMG_5593.jpeg (145.3 KiB) Viewed 10628 times
Emerald  (the darker one) and the other one is the first run of Green V1
Emerald (the darker one) and the other one is the first run of Green V1
IMG_5595.jpeg (188 KiB) Viewed 10628 times
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Alimorris is the second tester (EM-TEST-2) and here is his feedback:

So the big question is how much work needs to be done to iron out any issues. Truth is …absolutely none. This is a perfect level. Solid solve and I am delighted that Chris has chosen to release this design.

I spoke to Chris for about half an hour earlier as I solved this yesterday and wanted a chat with him first. It’s easy to fall into trying to produce the hardest puzzle but making something fun that more people can enjoy is the key.

My solve time was just inside 2.5 hrs. That said, I have never been a quick solver. Again solve times will vary, so I will be interested to see others.

I hope the other testers have great fun with the mazes and that the feedback is much the same as my experience. It will be good to know that the first puzzles if all agree there are no issues will not have a hold-up before release.

Does it work as intended? Yes
Truth is that Emerald is a good solid design that has an honest solve. After checking it though once open, I can’t see any issue but the second tester will need to report their findings also. The object is to test this maze but I had great fun doing it. 55/100 👍 I hold say that’s accurate too.

IMG_9805_monk.jpeg
IMG_9805_monk.jpeg (125.62 KiB) Viewed 10627 times
Attachments
Emerald to the left
Emerald to the left
IMG_9807_em.jpeg (124.17 KiB) Viewed 10615 times
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

I finished Emerald this morning - about 4-5hrs to be honest. I'm a slow solver compared to most here, and intention tremors don't help. I agree with Ali that the level is spot on, and this is a very fun puzzle. Not super difficult, but a fun challenge after a blue level puzzle.
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

That’s great news! It seems like at least the first 2 designs are solid and will hopefully be released soon to the rest of us!

Looking forward to hearing what zakatak thinks of Ruby (and any other testers) once they have those.
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Thanks for your feedback!

I was a little bit unsure to begin with if I should just buy Ruby and skip Sapphire and Emerald but with the feedback it feels like the right decision to buy all three. I am so curious what Chris could have designed here. longing for the puzzles.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Do anyone know who is testing EM-TEST-1?
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

More feedback from smiteo:
I think Emerald is definitely more challenging than blue, but similar to the difficulty jump from Blue to Green. I can't say without spoilers why this is. I definitely think Emerald could be a fine first maze, but it might be quite frustrating at first.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I think Crazy is the third tester and here is his feedback:
Most of my thoughts with emerald are identical to Sapphire.
I solved this puzzle in (about 42 minutes, with a map.
I think that this puzzle is (comparison to other puzzles) less difficult than green and comparable to turquoise.
My thoughts in terms of recommending this puzzle is the exact same as sapphire.

Return to “Emerald General”