Is the Red Obsession the hardest Revomaze?

General Questions and Progress Updates.

Is the Red Obsession the hardest Revomaze (so far)?

Yes
24%
No
29%
Maybe
33%
Yes but Waiting for the Gold
14%

Total votes: 21

ceagull333

Is the Red Obsession the hardest Revomaze?

Post by ceagull333 »

I've been working on the Red Obsession again and starting to think it should be classified as the "hardest" Revomaze. It is the only one available so far that only one person is known to have opened (Glad to know it at least can be done). My hours with it are not as high as the Silver yet but getting up there. Mostly because I can only spend so much time falling off and going round and round over and back. Just wondering what others are thinking.
BR110 Open GR296 Open GR Obs Open BU652 Open BLObs Open Black Obs Open AG104 Open Red Obs Open RD46 Open AU46 Open Purple (not right!)HM08LE (sealed)OR46 Open LM113 Open GM Open TI46 Open Aqua,CU on hand Indigo on order
Suskis

Re: Is the Red Obsession the hardest Revomaze?

Post by Suskis »

It was my first Revo and after several months it stil lies unopened on my desk. I simply gave up just because there's so little you can do it seems impossible to open. I am waiting for a second one to be opened to reconsider picking it up again.
RevoMaze Extreme Blue - Opened in 6 hours
RevoMaze Extreme Green - Opened in 4 hours
RevoMaze Extreme Black - Opened in 5 hours
RevoMaze Extreme Red - Working on it...
adamwest

Post by adamwest »

Maybe be it should be the trickiest. After all it's a four year old that made the break though. makes me think that I am missing something. but it is a beast!!!!!
adam
Last edited by adamwest on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of set #16 (RevoTaster)

BU00016 OPEN x and o
GR00016 OPEN x and o
Black o OPEN
BR00016
OPEN
RD00016 OPEN
AG00016 OPEN
AU00016 CLOSED
OR00016 OPEN (mark you're just mean ;) )
sheepish

Post by sheepish »

I don't think its the hardest but like adam definatly the trickiest once the metal version is out people should find it a lot easier i no i will
BLUE-Open GREEN-Open BRONZE-Open SILVER-Open Gold-????
Red-Open Orange- Open Handmade- Open
maztec

Post by maztec »

I don't think people will find the red to be any easier when the metal version comes out.

I have figured out a significant portion of it, but am not at all sure what to do with the dead-end I have arrived at.

That said, it seems to me that there is a fundamental problem in how people think about the red.

Honestly, I cannot wait to get through the metal to see how it is constructed inside.

And no, I have not finished my red obsession, but I am staring at it with a different confusion from most people. I really am unsure what more I need to do at this point, but once I have it figured out I'll let you know! ;)
OOOOOOOoo
ceagull333

Post by ceagull333 »

Thinking this puzzle fits the Shirlock Holmes quote:"...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.". Which leads me to Van Halen.
BR110 Open GR296 Open GR Obs Open BU652 Open BLObs Open Black Obs Open AG104 Open Red Obs Open RD46 Open AU46 Open Purple (not right!)HM08LE (sealed)OR46 Open LM113 Open GM Open TI46 Open Aqua,CU on hand Indigo on order
cornettracing80

Post by cornettracing80 »

i found the revosilver harder.
i solved my revored obsession in 14 hours.
i have the map.
no problems....
;)

in addition: i believe the mental part of the revomaze is one of its biggest assets....self confidence and over all confidence in the product itself are paramount..... :D
The hardest part of a Revomaze is putting it down
BU00080-Solved
GR00080-Solved
BR00080-Solved
AG00080 V1-Solved 1st ever
AU00080-IN PROGRESS
R00080-Solved
Revomaze Obsessions Solved
Blue
Green
Red
Black