BlackV1 Progress and Help

General Questions and Progress Updates.
Trenchx

Re: Black Progress and Help

Post by Trenchx »

Closer then I thought..Obsession Black solved. See you in the Bronze Forums.
Blue Obs and Ex - Solved
Green Obs and Ex - Solved
Black Obs - Solved
Bronze Ex - Puzzling
Red Obs and Ex, Silver Ex - Sleeping

Gold Ex and Orange Ex - Preordered
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

Trenchx wrote:Closer then I thought..Obsession Black solved. See you in the Bronze Forums.
Congratulations Trenchx

Your reward is in the opened area under maps!

Sounds like your mapping technique is setting you up perfectly for the Bronze. Both Black and Bronze are fantastic puzzles.
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
Trenchx

Post by Trenchx »

Alimorris wrote:
Trenchx wrote:Closer then I thought..Obsession Black solved. See you in the Bronze Forums.
Congratulations Trenchx

Your reward is in the opened area under maps!

Sounds like your mapping technique is setting you up perfectly for the Bronze. Both Black and Bronze are fantastic puzzles.
In all honesty, I got to 2 pieces of the art and things got very difficult to map. I decided to take a break from it and explore. I eventually made it through to the end with almost no mapping.

In hindsight, when I looked at the Black Open forum I saw that my small portion map was actually way more accurate than I thought. I think I just thought that with the way I was adding to the map that I was doing something wrong..I second guessed myself when I was really on track.

In the end I solved it with almost no map.

For Bronze I will begin to map again and stick to my guns about making a full map. I know its not going to get any easier.

I did enjoy the Black. It was a hell of a roller coaster ride / cliffhanger.
Blue Obs and Ex - Solved
Black Obs - Solved
Bronze Ex - Puzzling

hobbit

Post by hobbit »

Congratulations Trenchx. I keep thinking i'll solve it soon...that's what keeps me interested :lol:
Obsessions:
Blue, Green, and Black - Opened.
Extremes:
Blue, Green, Bronze, Orange - Opened.
Red, Silver, Gold - In-hand.
Trenchx

Post by Trenchx »

hobbit wrote:Congratulations Trenchx. I keep thinking i'll solve it soon...that's what keeps me interested :lol:
You will solve it if you are persistant. Keep feeling out where you can and can't go. If it gets hard to remember you should take notes for trouble spots and draw a map.

In all honesty I did not really need a map but it would have helped. It probably would have been fun to match my art with the art in the maze (by going into the Obsession Black Open forums for those who do not have the Metal Black)
Blue Obs and Ex - Solved
Black Obs - Solved
Bronze Ex - Puzzling

Mrpgt

Revomaze obsession black, broken??

Post by Mrpgt »

Hey, I've recently got the revOmaze black and was stuck at the beginning with only two dead ends and a trap. When I'd figured out what to do I was chuffed as it opened so much more to explore. Now I can't seem to get past the trap at the beginning!! Is it possible that I've damaged the maze?? Please please help revomaze is ace n I couldn't put it down until now :cry:
allardwza

Re: Revomaze obsession black, broken??

Post by allardwza »

...unless you've REALLY man-handled it, you haven't broken it... (Is this your first Revomaze?)

allard
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
hobbit

Post by hobbit »

Just finished two weeks of vacation and although I made significant advances in distance I'm no closer to completing this one. It's gone farther than blue and green - all the way back to the beginning - without a path to the end. Seems physically impossible. After successfully completing that circuit for the second time I took a little time off to play with some puzzle locks and free my mind a little. They didn't take long. Now I've made that circuit two or three more times and still can't find an opening. Considering putting this one away completely and going on to the bronze one.
Obsessions:
Blue, Green, and Black - Opened.
Extremes:
Blue, Green, Bronze, Orange - Opened.
Red, Silver, Gold - In-hand.
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

Hmmm I think we may have all been there at some point!
I would draw a detailed map and check out every trap. Going on to bronze and leaving black unfinished is the best move. You will gain much more from learning how all of these work if you stick with the order of progression.

We all know what you are suffering frustration wise but careful mapping will bring bring elation for sure.
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
Mrpgt

Re: Revomaze obsession black, broken??

Post by Mrpgt »

Yeah it's my 1st. Seen it on gadget show and my uncle got one and I was hooked! I just can't see how I can't get past the trap when I've done it many times before!!

Return to “Black Obsession General”