Help seem to have slipped

General Questions and Progress Updates.
Mirkins

Help seem to have slipped

Post by Mirkins »

Hi Guys

I have been working on my Revo Obsession Blue since the gadget show in 2010 I had a break a few weeks in as I got a hold of a 4x4x4 and a 5x5x5 cube now these have all been solved back to front I came back to Revo.

All was going well and I was almost at the end when I fell into a trap.

When the maze reset it was all stiff and seemed to be locked.

a little wiggle and it was free again but the moves had changed in the maze. I think it may have skipped over one of the tracks.

I am not sure if the maze in this state is solvable at all.

Is there anything I can do to try and reset this again any help will be Appriciated.

Thanks

Mirkins
mattangel

Re: Help seem to have slipped

Post by mattangel »

I can't imagine a place to "slip" into a different track. The entire maze is continuous and you should always be able to reset. If this is a new area that you've encountered, I'd recommend mapping it out. If you think a plastic bit may have broken off due to force, I'd contact support@revomaze.co.uk for additional advice. Chris should be able to set you straight.

All the best,
Matt
Mirkins

Post by Mirkins »

Thanks Matt

it did seem to reset but when I pushed the shaft back in half way up you could turn it which I thought was a bit strange

I have emailed Chris directly but as yet no reply

Thanks again
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

Keep playing with it, and see what you find. There is a chance you're just a new area.
Mirkins

Post by Mirkins »

Thanks for the replies.

The maze does reset itself and the tube does go back to the start position but all the moves have been changed.

I thought I may be in a new place but after playing with it for around an hour I noticed I was at the start.

the first 2 moves seem to be the samebut the rest have all changed.

I might have to fork out for a new one as I would hate to spend lost of time on this one and find out at the end of the day I can't open it due to my problem

:)
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

mattangel wrote:I can't imagine a place to "slip" into a different track. The entire maze is continuous and you should always be able to reset. If this is a new area that you've encountered, I'd recommend mapping it out. If you think a plastic bit may have broken off due to force, I'd contact support@revomaze.co.uk for additional advice. Chris should be able to set you straight.

All the best,
Matt
This is good advice Mirkins.
Have you a detailed map from before the problem? The maze does not just change(as a rule)
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

Yes, knowing the insides of the maze, what you are describing doesn't sound possible. Very strange. As suggested try drawing a map, and send it to one of the people who have responded in this thread.
Mirkins

Post by Mirkins »

Thanks guys

I will get on to it this week I don't know anyone with another maze to cross check it but will try to get the mapping done soon

Thanks again

Return to “Blue Obsession General”