Thoughts on the Grey

General Questions.
Lilmike14

Re: Thoughts on the Grey

Post by Lilmike14 »

I'm enjoying it so far, have managed to reset it a few times now, will give it a better go tomorrow once I've printed a gripper.

I've got some suspicions as to what might be going on inside
Solved -- Blue & Blue Pro, Green Obs, Bronze, Salmon, Titanium, Aqua & Gunmetal
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

Lilmike14 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:25 pm I'm enjoying it so far, have managed to reset it a few times now, will give it a better go tomorrow once I've printed a gripper.

I've got some suspicions as to what might be going on inside
Are you printing a gripper from thingiverse? If so, let me know if it fits. I found that mine doesn't, I had to use a custom made large one that I use for handmade.
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com
Lilmike14

Post by Lilmike14 »

chris_linnick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:28 pm
Are you printing a gripper from thingiverse? If so, let me know if it fits. I found that mine doesn't, I had to use a custom made large one that I use for handmade.
Will do, if the first doesn't fit I'll print the second a few percent bigger, it'll be good to get the old workhorse going again.

What printer do you use?
Lilmike14

Post by Lilmike14 »

Gripper from thingiverse fits, doesn't look like I'll need a screw as it's quite snug, but really well designed
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

I've explored so much of Grey! It's amazing, without mapping I'm able to cover a lot of ground quickly.

Anyone know if they publicly said this was static or dynamic? I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I've discovered some unique things...;)
Looking to purchase:
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

chris_linnick wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:41 pm I've explored so much of Grey! It's amazing, without mapping I'm able to cover a lot of ground quickly.

Anyone know if they publicly said this was static or dynamic? I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I've discovered some unique things...;)
Cool! Well yes, it must be dynamic if you read the story about the Grey on the HQ website, doors opening and closing, that must be dynamic, a static maze can’t have things open and close 😀
Brassassin

Post by Brassassin »

I haven’t read anywhere if it is or isn’t dynamic. From the description I assumed it is, but I still have to get mine.
I always thought Copper was the most difficult static maze they can make, at 75/100, so Grey at 85/100 is probably dynamic?
But then again, I haven’t started my Copper either, so hard to tell. And for some reason the difficulty levels don’t add up with the difficulty categories anymore. Copper 75/100 is advanced, Grey 85/100 is Intermediate.
A lot of words to say that I guess it is probably dynamic, but I really don’t know.
Opened: BU BR TI OR GR IN MT AQ TQ AG
Closed: CU GM LM GY HM
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

Brassassin wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:51 pm I haven’t read anywhere if it is or isn’t dynamic. From the description I assumed it is, but I still have to get mine.
I always thought Copper was the most difficult static maze they can make, at 75/100, so Grey at 85/100 is probably dynamic?
But then again, I haven’t started my Copper either, so hard to tell. And for some reason the difficulty levels don’t add up with the difficulty categories anymore. Copper 75/100 is advanced, Grey 85/100 is Intermediate.
A lot of words to say that I guess it is probably dynamic, but I really don’t know.
How would a static maze have doors opening and closing? So it must definitely be dynamic and that is no spoiler. Another thing confirming it is dynamic is that a warning is issued that you should not use force etcetera, as it may damage the internal maze.
Brassassin

Post by Brassassin »

I agree
Opened: BU BR TI OR GR IN MT AQ TQ AG
Closed: CU GM LM GY HM
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

Yeah I agree, with the description I don't think it's a spoiler to say dynamic.

AND, with that said - I can 100% confirm this is a dynamic puzzle.
Looking to purchase:

Return to “Grey General”