I should be joining the club shortly! - just purchased Blue.

General Questions
TheWaddler

Re: I should be joining the club shortly! - just purchased B

Post by TheWaddler »

StevenJump89 wrote:i appreciate the warm welcome. Waddler, i've read through the mapping thread a little bit and i decided i'm going to try the blue without mapping but i'll implement that strategy for green if it becomes necessary. Dave, i am fully prepared to lose some spare time (and money) to these things :lol: as has been the pattern with all my twisty puzzles. i suspect the wait is killing you slightly more than i, being that you have them in home and are forbidden to touch them haha, godspeed to you sir, and happy early birthday.
The Blue is very much possible without mapping, the Green however may prove a little more challenging ;)

Just briefly, may I ask how many twisties you have?
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
StevenJump89

Post by StevenJump89 »

TheWaddler wrote: Just briefly, may I ask how many twisties you have?
i have a few more than 30 i think. standard 2-7 layered, ruben king 2-5 layered, some cuboids (notably the 4x4x6), curvy copter, axis, dino cylinder, mirror block (the addiction catalyst), dayan pentahedron, and a few other misc. my default 3x3 is the famous dayan zhanchi, but i also love my purple guhong v2.

and yourself?
Open:
BU020304hr GR015104hr BR0161225hr
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

StevenJump89 wrote:i have a few more than 30 i think. standard 2-7 layered, ruben king 2-5 layered, some cuboids (notably the 4x4x6), curvy copter, axis, dino cylinder, mirror block (the addiction catalyst), dayan pentahedron, and a few other misc. my default 3x3 is the famous dayan zhanchi, but i also love my purple guhong v2.

and yourself?
Just a few then :lol: I guess you're a member of the Twisty Puzzles forum.

I don't have many twisties, just all the standard Rubik's cubes (all except the Twist and Touch!), a Square-1, and the only custom cubes I have are the 2x 3x and 4x Ghost Cubes (the 3x is a Rubenking, the others are b/w). Don't have any shapeshifters or any other customs, but I'm looking into them ;)

--R1 Collection--
Open:
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
Still Waiting:
Mercury
Daveeeboy

Post by Daveeeboy »

StevenJump89 wrote:i appreciate the warm welcome. Waddler, i've read through the mapping thread a little bit and i decided i'm going to try the blue without mapping but i'll implement that strategy for green if it becomes necessary. Dave, i am fully prepared to lose some spare time (and money) to these things :lol: as has been the pattern with all my twisty puzzles. i suspect the wait is killing you slightly more than i, being that you have them in home and are forbidden to touch them haha, godspeed to you sir, and happy early birthday.

Thanks Steven :)

I am also going to try the blue without mapping ;)
My Puzzle Collection and wish list (Please PM me if you would like to sell me a puzzle on my wish list ;o)
http://www.360Trades.com

Blue - un-opened, Green - un-opened, Bronze - un-opened
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

Good luck to the both of you :mrgreen:

--R1 Collection--
Open:
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
Still Waiting:
Mercury
StevenJump89

Post by StevenJump89 »

TheWaddler wrote:Just a few then :lol: I guess you're a member of the Twisty Puzzles forum.
i actually don't participate in the twisty puzzles or speed solving forums. i don't get much help from these sources and there tends to be a great deal of immaturity littered throughout the threads. 95% of the twisty knowledge i've accumulated has come from youtube.
Open:
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

You wont find help on YouTube for revomaze except a démonstration whit blue but the real fun is to play by yourself and be amaze by what you find
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
StevenJump89

Post by StevenJump89 »

halfbake69 wrote:You wont find help on YouTube for revomaze except a démonstration whit blue but the real fun is to play by yourself and be amaze by what you find
my first encounter with the revomaze was this image and a brief description of someone's expereince with them. i then turned to youtube simply to see one in use because i wasn't sure how it operated. upon further research i realized that knowing anything about the inside would ruin the whole experience, and this is why i'm actually glad there is such little video of it on youtube. i'm anxious for the challenge and that feeling of satisfaction when you solve something without cheating :lol: .

i have come across the pics of the clear sleeve showing the actual maze of one but i consciously averted my attention from the details of the grooves, in an effort to not remember anything about it. i do want to solve these things properly.
Open:
pcad

Post by pcad »

Most photos either don't show the critical areas or have been altered to obscure the maze part. Best to avert your eyes just in case.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
kev1n

Post by kev1n »

Yay fame at last! That's my photo!

All my photos posted on line are very careful not to show any detail of a core!

Return to “Blue General”