Stuck

General Questions
Thimblefox

Stuck

Post by Thimblefox »

I'm trying to do this thing making a mental map. It's worked out really well so far, but now I've hit a point where I constantly fall into a trap. I know that
Spoiler:
there are (at least) two different trap paths there, and since these two paths aren't connected, I've come to the conclusion that there has to be a way to get in between
, but I just keep falling in. With a bit of luck, I've actually managed to navigate some of the stretch, but I haven't really figured out what exactly is happening.

At the beginning that was very frustrating, but because I've fallen in so many times now, I know the lower half of the puzzle by heart and I can get back to the tricky part in like 20 seconds. It's at the point where the only way possible (at least to my mind) has to be to go into the upper half of the maze.
jason

Re: Stuck

Post by jason »

I found it helpful to navigate slowly and make a map and mark what is a path, wall or trap.
mereacregrigore18

Post by mereacregrigore18 »

Thimblefox wrote:I'm trying to do this thing making a mental map. It's worked out really well so far, but now I've hit a point where I constantly fall into a trap. I know that
Spoiler:
there are (at least) two different trap paths there, and since these two paths aren't connected, I've come to the conclusion that there has to be a way to get in between
, but I just keep falling in. With a bit of luck, I've actually managed to navigate some of the stretch, but I haven't really figured out what exactly is happening.

At the beginning that was very frustrating, but because I've fallen in so many times now, I know the lower half of the puzzle by heart and I can get back to the tricky part in like 20 seconds. It's at the point where the only way possible (at least to my mind) has to be to go into the upper half of the maze.
Try to draw the traps on a paper, all the traps you find. And by drawing try to imagine what would be your next step. It helps a lot when you draw your map, you can imagine the path more clearly in your mind like this. For blue hugging the walls and go slow is the best way to pass the traps, so keep that as a hint.
Feel free to PM me if you need any help.
Thimblefox

Post by Thimblefox »

I figured it out now, it was sort of tricky, but after I fell into the traps enough times I could narrow down my possibilities. Mentally mapping this one wasn't that difficult actually, I sat down about 10-15 minutes at a time, and that way my brain quickly stored the map. I can even visualize it now (up until the part I mentioned), but after that visualisation isn't that important anymore.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Thimblefox wrote:I figured it out now, it was sort of tricky, but after I fell into the traps enough times I could narrow down my possibilities. Mentally mapping this one wasn't that difficult actually, I sat down about 10-15 minutes at a time, and that way my brain quickly stored the map. I can even visualize it now (up until the part I mentioned), but after that visualisation isn't that important anymore.
Good progress and it sounds really good that you have the map in your head now. You will soon open the Blue!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Thimblefox

Post by Thimblefox »

I actually have opened it, but I reassembled it the wrong way, and now it won't re-open. xD
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Thimblefox wrote:I actually have opened it, but I reassembled it the wrong way, and now it won't re-open. xD
I am in the same spot and are struggling with open it. No luck so far.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I am well stuck! I am enjoying being stumped, I have drawn a map, think I know the area of interest that will allow me to proceed into what I am calling the second half, however I am damned if I can find the chink in the armour so to speak. I have drawn the traps and it all points back to that area of interest...... yet it seems well and truly fortified ! :shock:

For now I am sure its broken :lol:

Blaming the tools won't help :x , I am going back in.... :arrow:
Last edited by jimbo on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AQBLGRBR
INQuit
doc81

Post by doc81 »

Haha...keep at it and you will succeed. If you are mapping then make sure it's accurate. Blue is one my favorites!
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Cheers doc81,

I think a subtle feature has become apparent, my map seems to be accurate enough to have signposted me in. Its tentative times though, breaking into unchartered territory sets the fear in.

I think I have been at it too long now, that click has started making me jump. :shock:

I will sleep on my progress, I am officially addicted, need more once this ends (please don't end).......need more.... :twisted:
AQBLGRBR
INQuit

Return to “Blue General”