Maze solved but won't open.

General Questions
BBloke

Re: Maze solved but won't open.

Post by BBloke »

I had a terrible time with the blue, which was my first puzzle. I had the pin in the wrong way and the drawbar in the wrong way too. Oh and I had a pin fall over in the end line of the maze.

It does sound like the drawbar is in the wrong way which means the recess to fall into is slightly tighter and a lot harder. Wiggling and tapping sounds like the best way to go. It's probably going to take having the puzzle in between your thumb and index finger so you can move it up and down as well as twist.
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
Raptor367

Post by Raptor367 »

I had the same problem with my blue. I tried freezing, slamming into book and other tricks without any success. I then compared the inner mechanism to my opened green puzzle. I then realized that the inner senter part that holds the certificate has two holes of different sises. (As described earlier in this thread). I then compared how much the center inside the cores could move back and forth on my two puzzles. I then realized, as I feared that the center inside the core was put in the wrong direction. If it can move about 1mm back and forth (sticking out 0.7-1.7mm), its correct. If it can move 1,6mm in and out (sticking out 0.5-2,1mm), its the wrong way around. I then experimented with my open green maze, by putting the two cores together in the wrong orientation. That is; with the small hole towards the pin that follows the maze. To get the maze pin to drop into the small hole, which is only partly visible when no force is applied, is impossible. By placing the center of the core in the middle (halfway outside both ends), and turning it clockwise as hard as possible, while gentle tapping the whole puzzle, while holding the dot downwards, I finally managed to make the maze-pin to drop into my open green maze. It is hard to turn the center, as you only have the two ends to press against to turn. The core needs to be loose against the sleeve, to let the pin fall down. Only apply rotational pressure on the center, to the core, while the sleeve is loose around. Now that I new how to do it, i repeated the process with my closed, but solved blue maze. As the core is a long way inside the sleeve, I had problems turning the center of the core, and ended up turning it from the outside, using my fingernails at the small mm it was outside the core. After a few minutes I managed to make the pin drop in all the way, and my blue wrongly assembled maze was finally free of its sleeve again. :D If attempting this, make sure the two dots are aligned at the bottom of your maze, and that the pin has fallen halfway into the hole. You know this has happened if you can only turn the core a mm counterclockwise from the dots, but the core is still stuck in the sleeve. If this helps, please let me know ;)
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Raptor367 wrote:After a few minutes I managed to make the pin drop in all the way, and my blue wrongly assembled maze was finally free of its sleeve again. :D If attempting this, make sure the two dots are aligned at the bottom of your maze, and that the pin has fallen halfway into the hole. You know this has happened if you can only turn the core a mm counterclockwise from the dots, but the core is still stuck in the sleeve. If this helps, please let me know ;)
I have tried and tried to open a Blue with the pins in the wrong holes but with no luck. I also noticed that it looked impossible. This gave me new hope but I cannot do it.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Raptor367

Post by Raptor367 »

It might help to glue something to the end of the center, using a really strong double sided tape or similar, to be able turn it hard enough to make the pin fall inn. Remember to only turn the center, and not the maze itself. Also make sure you don't push or pull the center, it needs to be in the middle.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Raptor367 wrote:It might help to glue something to the end of the center, using a really strong double sided tape or similar, to be able turn it hard enough to make the pin fall inn. Remember to only turn the center, and not the maze itself. Also make sure you don't push or pull the center, it needs to be in the middle.
Thanks for the tip. I will give it some additional hours of trying!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Raptor367

Post by Raptor367 »

I made a youtube video showing how to fix this, using a vice (clamp).
There is (hopefully) no spoilers in this video, and everyone can watch it:
https://youtu.be/Y9FsXQLGjFo
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Raptor367 wrote:I made a youtube video showing how to fix this, using a vice (clamp).
There is (hopefully) no spoilers in this video, and everyone can watch it:
https://youtu.be/Y9FsXQLGjFo
Really good video!!! I will try it directly!!! Thank you so much for taking your time to do this video!

Return to “Blue General”