Another Noob Question

General Questions
tedwasright

Another Noob Question

Post by tedwasright »

Love the quality of this puzzle.

Never held one before today. I know my goal but I dont know hoe to achieve it. I understand the mechanics but mine turns about 340 degrees and stops. Thats it. I know its me. I know im not getting something. Pushing and pulling gives me a tiny amount of space. How do I know its working right? I havent moved it enough to know im in a trap. Ive never pulled it out more than a mm. How do I start?

Thanks in advance.
    Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand. -#37
    AndrewParr

Re: Another Noob Question

Post by AndrewParr »

The shaft rotates both ways. :)

Edit: Also, welcome to the wonderful world of Revomaze! Prepare yourself for hours of frustratingly fun times.
    Starting over
    tedwasright

Post by tedwasright »

I understood that. But eithay way I turn it I get nothing. Even if I pull or push. Im not looking for a solve. I just want to make sure im doing it right.
    AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

It sounds like it's working properly. If you rotate the in the wrong direction, it will stop. If you rotate it in the correct direction, it will spin infinitely.
    Starting over
    tedwasright

Post by tedwasright »

Thanks. It has not yet spun infinitely, though. Is that a problem? Again, I dont mean to be annoying with foolish questions.

Thanks for such quick responses.
    AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

No worries. We've all been there!

Just go very slow and explore every millimeter of every path carefully. The start path is there somewhere!

Which colour are you solving? Blue?

To clarify: if you turn the shaft the correct way, it should not be stopped by a wall.
    Starting over
    Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

What colour maze do you have?

If it's a bronze, sometimes they do that.
    CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
    BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
    . PU04
    tedwasright

Post by tedwasright »

Its blue. After over an hour I have gotten nowhere. I can turn it about 340 degrees in either direction. And I can push it in an tiny bit. I feel like I havent even started the maze and I have no idea where to start. I have only the two walls that cause the 340 degrees. Do you start IN the maze? If so, how do I know if Im in a trap. On end of the 340 degrees is a hard wall. The other feels "softer." As before, though, ive never been able to push the shaft as described.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks in advance.
    robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

Where you are at the start is indeed the 'start end' of the maze. Have you watched labyrinth? If so then you know it might look like a wall that just goes on for ever, but when your at the right part you will find your self going straight into the maze. 1 little tip to start you off, the entrance will bring your shaft out of the right end of the sleeve (If your holding it horizontally and the word Revomaze is the right way up) If I was you I wouldnt ask for much more help after that as Blue is the easiest maze and they get much more complicated as you move on... ;)
    black obs v1
    Blue Ob v2 = Opened
    Bronze Ex = Opened
    Orange Ex = Opened
    Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
    Lime = In preparation...
    Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
    Copper = On its way...
    a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

This sounds like you are not able to reach the entrance of the maze, which is odd.
    Investigate the 'softer' side further, a bit more friction is normal there, but it should not be a full stop. You may be able to move further there with a bit (or a lot) more wiggling back and forth.
    I doubt if the "store the metal puzzle in the freezer for an hour" trick would help here, but it may be worth a try.

Return to “Blue General”