Stock/Price Pondering

General Questions
Auroch

Stock/Price Pondering

Post by Auroch »

Greetings all:)

I stumbled across Revomaze for the first time online last week and immediately fell in love. I'm dying to begin my exploration though I've noticed that pretty much every item is out of stock (I can imagine why haha).

I'm wondering if anyone knows how the production schedule works for Blue, Green, etc. ???

I initially emailed Sophie and then learned that she's away for recovery-time so I emailed Chris directly though I haven't heard back yet. I assume he's super-busy or perhaps did not receive my email. In any event, does anyone know how soon it might be before more Revomaze Extreme V1 Blues are available?

The only place I've found brand new Blues (thus far) was on amazon.ca though the price for a V1 Blue is $290 + shipping??? Unless I'm somehow missing something (and please inform me if I am), that seems like an insane mark-up compared to the Revomaze site's listed price. As another example, the Silver is $425 on amazon.ca...again, this seems muuuuch higher than the price I'm seeing here (and yes, I'm converting from pounds to dollars as I live in Canada). Does anyone know what's going on? I've also checked puzzlemaster and they do not have Blue or Green.

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much:)
Will

Re: Stock/Price Pondering

Post by Will »

Hi Auroch, unfortunately the Revomaze R1 series have just been brought to an end and there will be no more produced. The only source of those R1 revomazes would be ebay, amazon or similar sites. However the R2 series is coming up soon so keep an eye out for that. ;)
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
Auroch

Post by Auroch »

I take it R1 is the same as V1?

Thanks a lot either way, Will. I may have to give in and spend a bit more. Well worth it either way and hopefully I can track down the ones I'm after. I must keep hope!!!

Cheers
pcad

Post by pcad »

If you've looked at the Revomaze site you've probably seen the R2 in the "coming soon" page. It's still a rotating puzzle but flatter, more disc shaped than the original Revomazes which are now referred to as the "R1" series. Prior to the introduction of the R2 series no one called any Revomaze a R1 series puzzle.

V1 and V2 generally refer to the appearance of the Revomaze (R1) sleeve. The V1 is the original style with a series of grooves and the V2 style was smoother and more curved at the ends. In terms of solving the puzzle they were equivalent. I know the obsession V2's weren't completely round and had a flat area that helped keep the puzzle from rolling off a table. My impression is that the V2 style wasn't as popular since many of those that initially bought V1 puzzles wanted future puzzles to match the earlier puzzles.

Right now we're in limbo with little or no stock of R1 puzzles left and no ones seen a production R2 puzzle yet. There are a couple of prototype R2's that a few people have seen in person, but that's all. Chris is still working on the last CE sets and is also trying to start production of the R2's.

Sometime later this year the final R1 design, the Purple, should be delivered after the final lottery is finished. Hopefully the first R2, Mercury will be in the hands of customers before that happens.

BTW, do you own any Revomazes yet?
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Auroch

Post by Auroch »

Thanks for the info, pcad. I put 2 and 2 together after posting but wasn't willing to get out of bed to change it haha. Neat to hear that the V2s had a flat section to prevent rolling though. I'm more drawn to the V1 design. They have a more unique appearance in my opinion.

No, I do not yet own a single Revo:o I've found a brand-new Orange and Lime that are very reasonably-priced compared to some of the amazon.ca ones so I may snatch those up (while I can) before focusing on what few others are around despite the Orange and Lime having a higher difficulty rating.

Do you know if the last CE sets are all spoken for?

I'm definitely going to stay up to speed with the R2 models though. It seems to be one of those things where if you get too far behind you run a greater and greater risk of missing out on the experience to some degree.

Thanks for all that you've brought to my awareness!

Cheers
pcad

Post by pcad »

The CE sets haven't been available to order for quite some time. I think it's very safe to say Chris has no interest in making any more.

Obviously you realize that the Orange and Lime are much more difficult than the Blue design. Nonetheless it may be worthwhile getting them before they're no longer available. If you stay with the R2 series you should develope the skills needed to open the citrus R1's. Keep looking for a Blue puzzle. You won't be disappointed.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Auroch

Post by Auroch »

Absolutely. The Blue really attracts me as it's the starting point of the journey and I like how the learning progression is spread across the series - a really neat element. I'd prefer to start with Blue first but with only 250 Limes and 250 Oranges made, I'm more drawn to get those two first...might not get too serious about trying to solve them though until I've obtained and completed the Blue.

Cheers
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

Here is the closest your going to get to a reasonably cheap R1 Blue.. KIRK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revomaze-Blue-V ... 1295864703
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
Auroch

Post by Auroch »

Thanks, Kirk2000. Definitely considering that.

Cheers
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

In my opinion, at this point you should either seak out a used R1 puzzle or wait till R2.

If you don't want to wait and have an actual R1, you can get an orange. It is an amazing puzzle, and will give you your money's worth. Lime is very very very hard. There is only one person that I know who was able to solve it on minimal experience. However I believe they were a very skilled puzzler. Your best option is to find a used blue, green, or bronze V1 or V2.
These will probably cheaper than buying some of the few new left. The only downfall is if they have already been opened, they won't have a certificate. That is is. Any tarnish already on the puzzle will be the same as if you were to solve a new one.

An alternate option is to wait until the R2. I am confident it is just a matter of time. These will give you just as much satisfaction as any other revo puzzle and you can save money to move forth in the series.

Pick or chose, these are my suggestions.

Return to “Blue General”