Stock/Price Pondering

General Questions
CzMeteo

Re: Stock/Price Pondering

Post by CzMeteo »

I can confirm that the CE sets are all sold out. Chris is clear that me will not change the limited number of productions in a set. Just as black, HM, Red, Lime, Orange and purple, these are limited and no more will be made.
Auroch

Post by Auroch »

Thanks for the suggestions, CzMeteo

I've definitely been weighing the options and I'm planning on getting the Orange and Lime first before they vanish and become that much harder to find:o From there I'm going to keep up with R2 as the new models come out...though I'll most likely divert some funds (when I can) towards a Blue, Green, etc (when I see them) as they seem very important to the overall experience and I'm sure some will float my way eventually. If not it just means I can focus on R2 completely.

Cheers
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

Ok and in that case, don't disregard the V2 puzzles. They are the exact same. At this point buying new is not worth the money. Buying used will give you the same thing. So really the only difference is the appearance (and the price).
Auroch

Post by Auroch »

Ya, I'll gladly go after the V2s if and when I come across them. So far I haven't seen a single one anywhere but I'll keep my eyes open for them. Thanks a lot.

Cheers
BarnDoor

Post by BarnDoor »

Don't overlook the Black V2 Obsession . Puzzlemaster have it: http://www.puzzlemaster.ca/browse/wire/ ... ing-70-100

It is a good introduction to Revomaze. It has elements of Blue, Green, and something similar to one part of Bronze. The core is removable at the finish, so you can see how a Revo is made. This would give you skills needed later. You could probably then skip Blue and Green, and go to a used Bronze Extreme next.

This maze is not available in metal form, and It is also fairly rare, I think. I'm not sure how many were produced, but there are only 45 openers on the forum.
Auroch

Post by Auroch »

Thanks for mentioning those, BarnDoor. I didn't pay too much attention to those initially because at the time I thought the metal ones were still being made but since they aren't and since tracking down all the metal ones I would like to acquire would likely cost a small fortune, I'll give plastics some serious consideration now.

Would save me quite a bit in the long run and if it covers certain, similar aspects of other puzzles then it might be the most cost-effective and feasible route at this point in time for getting a grasp on how they function aaand so that I'm not having to dish out huge money for R1 puzzles while R2 is on the way...which reminds me...need to buy the Voyager Status and pre-order a Mercury! Thanks a lot.

Cheers
bulldawg

Post by bulldawg »

I've never talked to Chris, and I don't know much about his business costs of producing the mazes other than what I've read on the forums.

That said, from a practical standpoint, I wish the R1s would continue to be produced, even if just on a limited basis. You don't have to include the black, lime, or orange. Just the blue, green, bronze, and perhaps silver should be enough to satisfy those who weren't lucky enough to discover the puzzles while they were widely available.
R2 Cosmic Voyager #54
Bronze V2 ext - opened!
Silver ext - AG00118 core (Revomaster Collection AP0023)
Blue obs - opened!
Green obs - opened!
Blk obs - opened!
Black V2 obs - received
Red obs - opened.
Indigo - in progress
Mercury - ordered
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

The reason they are no longer produced is not because of price.
Chris is trying to move his entire company to be self dependent. The other R1 mazes had to be milled on machines owned by other companies. The new R2 will be designed and constructed inhouse.
Chris does not want to go back and continue to deal with other companies that have given him enough trouble.
Auroch

Post by Auroch »

Makes sense and sounds like a better move anyway.
pcad

Post by pcad »

Also, at the moment Chris has only one machine to work with and it's not very fast. He's trying to get a better faster machine. Wether this means hell have two machines or just the new one is unknown. In any case, any time he's making R1's he's not making R2's.

In the future If he has two machines I'm guessing he might be able to do some R1's, but at the moment he would use both machines to launch the R2 line.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves

Return to “Blue General”