Plastic Blue or Metal Blue?

General Questions
Fabregas485

Plastic Blue or Metal Blue?

Post by Fabregas485 »

I believe both are basicly the same but in different materials. What do you guys think is the best one to buy?
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
Bunny_Whabbit

Re: Plastic Blue or Metal Blue?

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

Depending on what your after. Do you want to buy them all and try to qualify for the future competition or just have a good puzzle?

Otherwise it comes down to taste, I like the hard metal, but I also like the plastic ones, they are easier to use, they are both high quality, as long as your careful none of them will break.

There is a bit of a price difference, but you will probably never find the bronze, silver or gold in plastic.
Then again, you will have a hard time finding the black in metal.

I probably missed something, but that is how I see it.

// Bunny_Whabbit
Obsession ~ BU_V1 32.87 ~ BU_V2 open ~ BU_Pro what? ~ GR don't like ~ BL_V1 hmm ~ BL_V2 ~ R ~
Extreme ~ CE_BU#69 ~ CE_GR#69 ~ CE_BR#69 ~ CE_AG#69 ~ CE_AU#69 ~ CE_TI#69 ~
Limited Editions ~ R#95 ~ OR#69 5h+ ~ HM#17 Ordered ~
Timer/Clock
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

Metal.
Bunny_Whabbit

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

Stigy wrote:Metal.
And I want to say both, but maybe you could come with some points about the metals so he can decide for himself?

I have not had the chance to play so much with so many metal revos so I don't really have much to say about them. =/

// Bunny_Whabbit
Obsession ~ BU_V1 32.87 ~ BU_V2 open ~ BU_Pro what? ~ GR don't like ~ BL_V1 hmm ~ BL_V2 ~ R ~
Timer/Clock
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

:lol: I just thought you'd covered it all, and I'd just be a smart **** with a one word answer :lol:
I prefer the better looking, beefier Extremes, but as you can see from my sig (which needs some updating) I think the Obs are great too :D
Bunny_Whabbit

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

@Stigy
I guessed as much. ;)
I like both as much, the Obsession for its soft turns and great feel, and how quick it makes a click when you go off course.
And the metal with its heaviness in every move, the steady moving you feel when turning, and the raw power of its weight! I really like my puzzles made out of some kind of metal. :D

They both have there charm, they are very much the same, but still so different.

There is only one thing I somewhat dislike with the metal, I can sometimes, somewhat feel the edge of a trap and avoid it. But then again, I have only tried the Orange Metal (the red only to compare it with the Obs)

// Bunny_Whabbit
Timer/Clock
pcad

Post by pcad »

There have been 5 versions of the Blue, 2 metals and 3 plastics. Only 1 of which is no longer available. The V1 Obsession with it's nice big comfortable shaft ends is no longer made. The core was not removable which is likely why it was replaced.

The V2 and Pro Obsessions do have differences. The multiple-pass feature of the Pro being the biggest difference. The Pro can be used as a single pass puzzle also, once it's been opened. The V2, like the older V1, is a slightly easier version of the same maze. However, when the user is still exploring the maze for the first time it is just as challenging as the other versions. Once the maze has been learned the differences are more apparent.

The V1 and V2 Extremes will likely be of identical difficulty. The biggest difference is the sleeve style which is the same as the Obsession. Mostly cosmetic, but one may be more comfortable than the other. The other difference is that the central "draw" which was inside the hollow core of the V1's and created the hidden space that certificates and series code maps were stored will no longer be used. This will make them lighter and require fewer small parts compared to the V1. Once the series code has been solved these documents will be of historical value only. It's quite likely that one of the first people to open the Gold will solve this secondary puzzle.

If you want a complete set including the Green and Silver you should go after the V1 Extremes while they're still available. If you hate the V2 style, again, get the V1 Extremes. If you like the heft of the Extremes and could care less about a "matched" complete set, the V2 is for you.

For a lot less money and weight the Obsessions are a fine choice. I think of the two, the Pro would be my choice. The maze difficulty is that of the Extremes, it can be used as a single pass puzzle like the V2, plus it has the multi-pass feature that no other Revomaze, Blue or otherwise currently has.

Given these current choices I would pick the Pro first and then either Extreme depending on taste and last would be the V2 Obsession.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

I am stuck between the blue V1 extreme and the blue pro. I know on the blue pro you can switch it between having to complete 6 times or 1 time, but which of these settings does it arrive in?
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

...six...

(Get the Extreme unless puzzle-cash is tight.)

allard
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

Will go for the extreme then. Just means waiting a while longer :P

For the sake of £10 V1 or V2. What are the main differences

Return to “Blue General”