What does the v2 designation mean?

General Questions
Gdamatov77

What does the v2 designation mean?

Post by Gdamatov77 »

I saw on the website there is an upcoming V2 for Blue and Bronze. What does that mean?
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour
pcad

Re: V2?

Post by pcad »

My understanding is that the only difference is the outer sleeve is a new shape. The maze and the way it works is the same.

If you go to the news page and click the link to the MERC site you'll see the Silver version also. I'm not sure the Silver version is still in the plans for the future.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

maztec wrote:v1 Silver cannot generally be opened.
v2 Silver can be opened.

RevoMaze 1's have certificates and a contest associated with them; RevoMaze 2's do not and have different casings on the outside.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Time out! :o

Before there's any confusion, let's talk about a mix up in nomenclature.

Silver: V1 and V2. The V2's here mean a repair that was made in the swamp. It does not refer to a new line of Silvers to be released. All recent (past 1.5 years) silver puzzles are V2. Chris is getting a small number of parts, so there may be a few silvers left. If you're interested, you should contact sales@revomaze.co.uk for one of these puzzles.

In terms of the new V1/V2 status of revomaze extremes, ALL silvers (even though they are V2 for silver) should be considered V1 puzzles in series 1. DO NOT CONFUSE THE SILVER NOMENCLATURE WITH ANYTHING ELSE. There will not be more made after the handful that Chris has is gone.

V2 Extremes: Blue/Bronze - More or less the same designs, minor maze modifications (shouldn't change intent of the puzzle) and smooth sleeves.

V2 Plastics: Blue/Blue Pro/Black - Removable mazes. I believe that Black is a new design, but don't quote me on that.

Remaining V1 puzzles: Gold/HM/Orange/Lime(? - some evidence that points to its inclusion as a V1) - Old slotted body style.

Whew...back to you.
pcad

Post by pcad »

http://www.revomaze.co.uk/merc.htm

This is why there's confusion.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

True as that may be, I sincerely doubt it's the primary culprit for any confusion in this thread ;)

I may be wrong and may be the victim of a compiled list of misinformation, but I was under the impression that this was the end of the road for the Silvers. :?

I'll leave further comment to others who may have a more direct ear on HQ.
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

Holy smokes Batman. The shine on that silver is stunning!
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
TheWaveCarver

Post by TheWaveCarver »

"There are three in the V2 series and have different levels denoted by their colour sleeves"

I found this quote in the description of the Blue V2 on the new website. This might be evidence that the third V2 puzzle will be the Silver as their was a picture of a Silver V2 on the old website. :geek:
Grand Champion in Rocket League
pcad

Post by pcad »

The link I posted to the page with the picture of the Silver with the V2 sleeve no longer works. That page didn't have a picture of a Green V2, yet the new website specifies the V2 style sleeves include the Blue, Green and Bronze puzzles. Certainly confusing and inconsistent.

The only thing that matters is what Chris decides to make and sell. At this point the two most popular puzzles can be pre-ordered as V2 Extremes, the Blue and Bronze. IMHO the Green was never as popular as the others and the Silver and Gold are just too darn hard to be big sellers. I doubt Chris will re-release any of the limited editions as V2's. With the series 1 competition on the horizon, I suspect the next V2 sleeved puzzle will be the Lime. Of course Chris can do anything he wants so I have no real idea what the next V2 will be.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened

Return to “Blue General”