Lost a pin. What do I do Now?

General Questions
Trenchx

Lost a pin. What do I do Now?

Post by Trenchx »

Story: (skip to summary if no interest in story)

I solved the Blue Obsession first while at home...went swimming then left swimming early because I wanted to crack that Blue Extreme. Then I got asked to join someone to go shopping..I had to take something back so I said sure....but I am not going anywhere without my damn Metal Revo. I HAD to take it with me..

I got through the rough spot and the rest was not as difficult after the bad spot. I finally solved it and now I need to get the damn thing open. I start to lightly pull on it to get it to come out but no success. I shook it a bit and still no dice...Finally I said "I am going online to figure out how to safely get this open"..I start to go online and check your FAQ section and as I look at my lap to see if the puzzle was still resting on my lap and not sliding off I saw the damn thing sliding out on its own! (small bumps when riding in car was just what it needed I guess) That was really freaky and gave me the shivers. I pulled out the puzzle and was amazed at all the workmanship of it. Such a elegant and well crafted puzzle.

OK. The car was parked and it was time to put the puzzle away for now so I did that and went to the mall to shop..

Here is where it went bad. I did not realize that there was two pins..I thought there was only one..

So I checked the car very thoroughly but no luck...I am guessing what I did was solve the puzzle and as it slid open one pin dropped out and landed on my shirt on my lap and as I slid out of the car it fell on the ground of the parking lot. I was halfway home when I read about 2 pins and seen where they would go in the puzzle. I saw the two spots on the inside of the sleeve and the inner shaft piece and where they would goin the actual maze.

Summary:

Pin got lost and I would very much like to get another one somehow so I can reassemble this puzzle.

Any chance of getting one or am I left to my own devices? My backup plan is I would need to find someone who can remake a pin of the same size (and rounded on one end like the other pin.)

I am reluctant to do that because of the amount of accuracy that is in this puzzle.That would be like wearing a fine suit and then wearing flip flops or dirty sneakers for shoes.

Please don't let my revo wear dirty shoes =)

Anything that can be done (or anyone I should be directly emailing for this issue) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Blue Obs and Ex - Solved
Green Obs and Ex - Solved
Black Obs - Solved
Bronze Ex - Puzzling
Red Obs and Ex, Silver Ex - Sleeping

Gold Ex and Orange Ex - Preordered
DatabaseMonkey

Re: One pin lost. Any chance of getting a new one?

Post by DatabaseMonkey »

Definately a chance: For the US see this post

http://revomaze.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic. ... 843#p19843

And even better for you, he's local to you :)
Blue Obs V1: Open
Blue Obs V2: Open
Blue Obs Pro: Open

GO: Open
Black Obs V1: Open
Black Obs V2: Started

BR00455: Open
AG00195: In progress. Spinning
AUxxxxx: Arrived
Trenchx

Re: One pin lost. Any chance of getting a new one?

Post by Trenchx »

That was quick!

I used the link and PMed him so maybe I can get lucky and get a pin.

Thank you for the reply. :)
Blue Obs and Ex - Solved
Green Obs and Ex - Solved
Black Obs - Solved
Bronze Ex - Puzzling
Red Obs and Ex, Silver Ex - Sleeping

Gold Ex and Orange Ex - Preordered

Return to “Blue General”