I see the Dots, How do I open it!!

General Questions
dignut

I see the Dots, How do I open it!!

Post by dignut »

Quick question: with my blue Revomaze I can now easily get to the point where the dots are lined up. It's then quite a struggle to "deliver the baby"! I seem to resort to having to give the thing several thumps, whereupon the innards fall into my lap.

Am I missing something? Is there a more subtle delivery method?

Please PM me if you have any tips but don't want to post any spoilers. Or toby at dignut dot com.

Thanks!
BLUE GREEN BRONZE SILVER gold orange lime... TITANIUM COPPER gunmetal indigo
thayneq

Re: The final moment...

Post by thayneq »

dignut wrote:Quick question: with my blue Revomaze I can now easily get to the point where the dots are lined up. It's then quite a struggle to "deliver the baby"! I seem to resort to having to give the thing several thumps, whereupon the innards fall into my lap.

Am I missing something? Is there a more subtle delivery method?

Please PM me if you have any tips but don't want to post any spoilers. Or toby at dignut dot com.

Thanks!
The final opening isn't really a secret. One thing I found that works really well for me is to line up the dots, turn the puzzle so the label (dots) are facing towards the ground, then GENTLY and quickly vibrate the shaft in and out. This usually triggers the pin to slide down out of the sleeve, rather than whacking it. You can also try the same thing with the draw itself, as that is usually what keeps the pin from sliding freely.
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
Mercury (paid :cry: )
MT, SA
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

Several thumps (or light taps) is the correct method with the logo facing down.

Occasionally it may not free up straight away. That's down to a small vacuum being formed in the hole the maze pin sits in due to the lubricant used to keep the puzzle working smoothly. If that happens, leave your puzzle sitting somewhere stable with the label facing down for a few hours and then try again. Normally with the puzzle sitting with the label down, gravity will help drop the pin out of it's resting place.

Hope that helps.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
goldenvoid

Post by goldenvoid »

I just solved my Revomaze Blue this weekend :D

Had the dots aligned many times before reading this thread and understanding that was the end and how to get it open.

Are there any special instructions for re-assembly, before I just try it and get something stuck.

Thanks !
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Follow the instructions found in the FAQ to register your puzzle open and in return you'll get access to the open group and some re-assembly instructions ;)

Well done :)
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
goldenvoid

Post by goldenvoid »