Help! super stuck

General Questions
Fredmaster1000

Help! super stuck

Post by Fredmaster1000 »

I got this indigo a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to get anywhere with it. I'm starting to wonder if it is broken. I'm stuck at the very beginning between four traps that create a square and I cannot find my way pass those. Is this normal? Any kind of help/hints would be very appreciated. This is not my first revomaze. I solved the blue and the bronze before.
Orko

Re: Help! super stuck

Post by Orko »

To 99% your revo is ok you just didn't realise where to go yet. ;)
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
Fredmaster1000

Post by Fredmaster1000 »

Does anybody have any kind of hint that would help me finish this thing please. I have been stuck at the very end of it for weeks now but I can't seem to find the final step. It is taking the fun away from it. Any little hint would be very much appreciated. Thanks
tgr

Post by tgr »

Its difficult to give hints without spoiling the fun for you (or anybody who reads this later on). There is no reason to believe that your maze is broken.

And there is a way out.

I have found in general that good places to start investigating, are anywhere that you think the exit simply can't be...
BU02248 Open
GR01925 Open
BR02212 Open
IN00096 Working
MT00022 Working
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Fredmaster1000 wrote:Does anybody have any kind of hint that would help me finish this thing please. I have been stuck at the very end of it for weeks now but I can't seem to find the final step. It is taking the fun away from it. Any little hint would be very much appreciated. Thanks
This is the situation for most of the harder Revomazes, you will be stuck when you have most of the maze mapped and the hardest problem, with the whole maze, is to understand how to use the whole maze and the information the map will give you to solve it and find a way out :twisted: (many people have been stuck at the end for years, including myself, with e.g. Lime and Silver).
If you send me the maze and explain your theories (in a PM) I can try to give you a hint in the right direction...
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Fredmaster1000 wrote:I got this indigo a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to get anywhere with it. I'm starting to wonder if it is broken. I'm stuck at the very beginning between four traps that create a square and I cannot find my way pass those. Is this normal? Any kind of help/hints would be very appreciated. This is not my first revomaze. I solved the blue and the bronze before.
Any progress? I started mine about an hour ago and have mapped about 40%. I have seen the finish dimple, but I have a long way to go still.

I haven't touched a Revo since Orange (still locked) and am looking forward to solving this one quickly.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

Nice, keep us updated on your progress! :)
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
aperture_priority

Post by aperture_priority »

Hello and happy new year to all fellow Revomazers. 8-)

I just registered on these forums after having received my very first Revomaze: The Indigo. I know you all are going to tell me how I should have started with Aqua or Blue and how I then should have been going on to solving Green and Bronze before trying something as challenging as Indigo. I've been reading these forums quite extensively before I purchased my Revo.

Now, what's done is done and I am stuck like some other users before me in that same "square of traps" right in the beginning of the puzzle. I'd appreciate it immensely if someone could send me a PM with a tiny clue as to how to progress from that first part.

By the way, me doing things completely reversed I've got a Bronze coming my way. I know it'll be really challenging as well, but my hopes are still up I'll get a little further with that one without any help. :mrgreen:
“To be alive is to be dizzy and not to know exactly where to go.”
― Ander Monson
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

First question: are you creating a mapping on paper, or are you trying to do this by memory only? My experience is that you really need to draw a map while trying things and look at your map and combined with what you feel think about how to proceed.
For me personally mapping is of utmost importance for all revomazes starting with complexity of green. The indigo really isn't easy, I know that. I started with bronze, then gunmetal, then green and will proceed with titanium. I chose to stay away from indigo for now and move up on the ladder of complexity slowly.
So your tip from me: map and map very precise
aperture_priority

Post by aperture_priority »

dasrevo wrote:First question: are you creating a mapping on paper (...)
Yes, I even bought a calliper just for mapping my Revomaze and use graph paper. Looking at my map I already developed a couple of ideas on how to proceed but nothing worked so far. I haven't been dreaming about it yet, though. :lol:
“To be alive is to be dizzy and not to know exactly where to go.”
― Ander Monson

Return to “Indigo General”