Getting excited!

General Questions
Abtmn42

Getting excited!

Post by Abtmn42 »

I'd like to say hi to everyone. I'm new to revomaze, and ordered the aqua (my first) this past Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to the challenge and if my assumptions are correct I'll be purchasing many more.
Opened: AQUA MINT TITANIUM
In progress: PEACH
Owned: Sapphire ORANGE BRONZE INDIGO COPPER LIME GREY GUNMETAL
Kirk2000

Re: Getting excited!

Post by Kirk2000 »

Welcome, and the slide into the Revomaze addiction begins.. KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
Abtmn42

Post by Abtmn42 »

I haven't even received it yet and my girlfriend gets after me for looking them up. I'm already hooked. Lol
balsam2

Post by balsam2 »

Hi there!

I also just joined. First puzzle was getting forum access, and I've done aqua, blue and green so far. Aqua is really fun and challenging without being too frustrating. It's the perfect gateway puzzle.

One thing that you might have already realized is that the solving time is highly variable for these puzzles. I have no idea how anyone did aqua in 30 minutes, and I'm very impressed that some could do it in 2 hours. I got at least 8 or 9 hours out of it (estimate!).

Others have mentioned that if you do harder puzzles first, solve times for ones like aqua are much shorter. I also think reading the forums will make you solve it faster, even though people are very careful not to post spoilers. For the green puzzle, I picked up on some subtle hints that helped me realize what to do. Just FYI...
doc81

Post by doc81 »

Welcome to the community! I agree with what Balsam said. I personally don't read the threads of the puzzles I haven't yet completed because I don't want even the slightest tip or hint. I don't think the Aqua threads will be an issue though as its a fairly basic puzzle and not much to spoil. Its a great introduction and a fun one to share with others.

Solve times do vary alot with these puzzles. I finished Aqua in a single sitting and clocked in right at 2 hours. This was without mapping or a gripper and was my first Revomaze. Those that finish it under an hour likely had prior experience with another Revomaze. I time myself for the fun of it and in no way feel like its a competition for the fastest solve time. Just enjoy the journey and do the puzzles however you enjoy them most. If you find you like mapping then do that...if you like doing it all in your head do that. Its your journey and will be unique! Enjoy!
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE
Abtmn42

Post by Abtmn42 »

Thanks everyone. I'm still waiting for delivery. It's in the international shipping part and had been for 2 1/2 days. It'll be a big jump but I broke down and ordered mint for when I'm done with aqua (blue and green are sold out). I'm not worried about solve times, and am ok with it taking longer, and I'm hoping I'll enjoy mapping too as it sounds like getting good at that can be it's own challenge. I'm excited to discover the world of revomaze, and an grateful for a good community around it.
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Welcome, Aqua is a great puzzle. It will dip your toe in so to speak.
AQBLGRBR
INQuit
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

balsam2 wrote: I picked up on some subtle hints that helped me realize what to do. Just FYI...
I agree, if you want complete isolation then don't read anything! I picked up a few very subtle hints about the Bronze that bought me down to 20+ hours for the opening 3rd of the puzzle :lol:
AQBLGRBR
INQuit
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

jimbo wrote:
balsam2 wrote: I picked up on some subtle hints that helped me realize what to do. Just FYI...
I agree, if you want complete isolation then don't read anything! I picked up a few very subtle hints about the Bronze that bought me down to 20+ hours for the opening 3rd of the puzzle :lol:
I agree. There are many hints here and there and it will help you and also spoil some of the fun. Please report a post if you think it gave away too much information.

On the other hand, if you get totally stuck, then it isn't much fun either and then you need a subtle hint to just come up with new ideas again.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Abtmn42

Post by Abtmn42 »

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I received my Aqua today and am going to sit down for a bit with it. In the forum etiquette I saw that we can register our puzzles, but I'm not seeing where to do that. Could someone let me know how to register? Thanks again for all the comments.

Return to “Aqua General”