What a lovely introduction to a strange new world

General Questions
jimbo

What a lovely introduction to a strange new world

Post by jimbo »

What a lovely puzzle this is (and the others must be). Only received today & first impressions are very positive.
Revomaze clearly make both aesthetically and ergonomically beautiful puzzles. Stone cold to the touch at first, but after a short time they warm in the hands & remain so after they are put down (which is very hard to do!).

In use it has began etching a map into my mind, & as I retrace the paths, re-visiting the familiar its then new features and more detail becomes apparent. I am really hooked even only a little way in, it will be a shame when the finish comes & I kind of don't want to finish it, I like the idea of taking the journey sure and steadily.

I am glad its only just begun & its comforting knowing there are more to do, but in the meanwhile I am going back in, I may be some time :D
AQBLGRBR
INQuit
ghxost

Re: What a lovely introduction to a strange new world

Post by ghxost »

While I skipped ahead I believe I will likely end up getting an aqua eventually as it would be the best way to introduce friends to the hobby.

I only skipped ahead due to my seemingly unshakable habit of getting level 5/5 or 10/10 puzzles only to solve within minutes and finding nothing else I wish to do with them. Didn't want that to happen here and not continue to the more challenging ones.

Bring on the frustration!
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

ghxost wrote:While I skipped ahead I believe I will likely end up getting an aqua eventually as it would be the best way to introduce friends to the hobby.

I only skipped ahead due to my seemingly unshakable habit of getting level 5/5 or 10/10 puzzles only to solve within minutes and finding nothing else I wish to do with them. Didn't want that to happen here and not continue to the more challenging ones.

Bring on the frustration!
Agree, it probably will be solved pretty quickly but as you say it may get friends on board and that was part of the appeal, to have near and dear also involved. It probably will be me alone though from the green onwards. Time will tell.

Nice pastime though ;)
AQBLGRBR
INQuit
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

Very eloquent review. Thanks! I remember feeling the same way when I first started.
Aqua is not that much easier than Blue. I found that I enjoyed it even though I had solved harder ones. I didn’t have the experience of fear that I might not ever open it with the Aqua. :)
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Cheers darctangent!

I will admit I don't do many puzzles, but I do have lots of patience. I am really quite stuck on the Aqua at the moment ! :oops: So much for the 30min-2 hours solve time :o

I have probably been on this now for around 4 hours. I have seen the cores dot once, and know I am close. I find one area tricky to navigate, and maybe only 1 in 5 attempts find the feature that is my reference point for getting back into a safe place again. I just can't visualise that precarious path well enough to keep repeating the process to learn the end. I am glad I am rubbish at Revomaze, as its so far proving to be good value for money and not a 'flash in the pan' at all. Am really looking forward to seeing if my mates can do this quickly or if they get mislead by it like I have. I know when its open I will probably smile at that bit of the maze. Its no doubt an essential learning curve for me as I am sure this will put me in a decent place for the Blue. (Its in the box laughing at me now).

This starter maze is well designed enough to trip me up & makes it the perfect place to start. Really glad I did not hop to the blue first, its a pleasure to be unfolding it and being made to feel stupid at the same time!
AQBLGRBR
INQuit
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

If I get so stumped and end up at the beginning ith an aqua I'd be a happy camper, believe it or not!
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
doc81

Post by doc81 »

Aqua was released after several of the other mazes so that 30 min - 2 hr estimated solve time also includes those who are more experienced with revomazes. Aqua was my first maze and it took me right at 2 hr without mapping. That said...I am jealous you are getting more mileage with the maze. :)
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

doc81 wrote:Aqua was released after several of the other mazes so that 30 min - 2 hr estimated solve time also includes those who are more experienced with revomazes. Aqua was my first maze and it took me right at 2 hr without mapping. That said...I am jealous you are getting more mileage with the maze. :)
Certainly did get the milage out doc81!

Just opened now, I reckon that has taken me between 6-7 hours :o

Nice puzzle. Now time to close it up and repeat it a few times & then Blue :?
AQBLGRBR
INQuit

Return to “Aqua General”