Pin won't drop.

General Questions.
ReallyBigTeeth

Pin won't drop.

Post by ReallyBigTeeth »

My copper arrived by mail today and I solved it while eating dinner, at least I think I did. The dots are lined up but the pin won't drop. I've been tapping and shaking for a while now. The other puzzles I own opened fairly easily, but this one is being a pain.

Does the smaller pin make it harder to get it to drop out of the sleeve?
Indigo - Solved
Gunmetal - Solved
Copper - Solved
Bronze - Solved
Orange - Solved
Titanium - Solved
Silver - Closed
ReallyBigTeeth

Re: Pin won't drop.

Post by ReallyBigTeeth »

I got the pin out. I left the puzzle in a stand over night and when I checked it today, the pin had fallen. It looks like there was too much grease in this one. There's a thick coating over the whole second half of the maze.
Indigo - Solved
Gunmetal - Solved
Copper - Solved
Bronze - Solved
Orange - Solved
Titanium - Solved
Silver - Closed
MWhapples

Post by MWhapples »

I have got to the end of copper and am having trouble to get the pin to drop as well. Its been put in the stand to see whether it frees itself overnight.

Likewise, all the others I have done the pin dropped at the end fairly quickly, with at most a little tapping required. At this point I cannot say how much grease is on the pin and maze, but may be there is something about the different sized pin as well.
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Stick it in the freezer o/n label side down
mereacregrigore18

Post by mereacregrigore18 »

MWhapples wrote:I have got to the end of copper and am having trouble to get the pin to drop as well. Its been put in the stand to see whether it frees itself overnight.
Try use a hairdryer. That’s what helped me.
Well done in opening Copper. :D
MWhapples

Post by MWhapples »

Well even after overnight in the stand the pin refused to drop. I went with applying some heat rather than cooling it down, my thought being that this may help if the problem is too much grease. A few bumps after this and its finally open.

Mazes like this (green also falls in the same category), I don't know what to make of them. If you track/map where things are, you don't get stuck on where to go, but actually doing what is required can take some work and can feel frustrating when you keep falling into a trap. However when finished, it really does feel like an achievement. The big question now is, do I put it back together knowing that opening it again will take some work despite having done it before, or do I leave it open, only closing it if I decide I want to do it again.
mcparty

Post by mcparty »

I always close my maze, but leave the holes lined up in case I want to re-open or reset to solve again. My logic for closing the maze back in there is to stop hair and stuff from being stuck in the maze paths.
Open:Aqua, Blue, Green, Black, Bronze, Mint, and Salmon
In Progress: Orange
Looking For: Indigo, Titanium, Copper
Aldan

Post by Aldan »

What I have found works best for Copper is to rapidly shake it. Small and fast movements, like it would vibrate. Takes not more than 10 to 20 seconds to get the pin to drop that way.
Open: BLUE - BRONZE - INDIGO - MINT - COPPER - GUNMETAL - AQUA - GREEN - TITANIUM - ORANGE - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - TURQUOISE - LIME - BLACK-ObsV1 - SALMON - RED - GOLD - BLUE_Pro-Obs - GREY - BLACK-ObsV2 - PURPLE - BU00036 - BLACK-MERC - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH

Return to “Copper General”