Survey Feedback

General Questions.
darenwhitaker

Re: Survey Feedback

Post by darenwhitaker »

BBloke wrote:Nice post paradox.

I had a thought that may help or offer an alternative view point.

Why not move the pin closer to the edge of the sleeve so it would allow the maze to be slowly revealed. An added bonus would be a bigger maze area too.
This is spot on. I think BBloke's idea is great, especially for an introductory puzzle. I try and try again to get people to buy these puzzles, but they are just way too far out of, what I feel, the average person would spend on a puzzle.
Everyone wants to borrow mine, but no one, so far, wants to spend ~$300usd for one.
Yes, you can get the Blue V1 from Marbles store for $199, but that's still a hard price to justify for most.

I guess I'm lucky that I have the funds to spend on this addiction, I mean, hobby! :)
Open - BU02156 / GRmarbles / AQ00066 / MT06-30 / GMmarbles
Working - mini & Black Plastic w/ Green "R"
Not attempted - OR00287 / LM00282 / CU00066 / IN00066 / R00102
CE #058 - Admiring on the shelf
Looking for...Gary Foshee's Open Lock
Rachel K

Post by Rachel K »

Hi Guys,

All your ideas are fantastic! It was exciting to log in this morning and see two pages on the subject already.

I especially like the idea of a plastic puzzle to 'bridge the gap' and I think Paradoz is spot on it is just a matter of Plastic vs Metal costing, the Revomaze in its current form cannot be moulded.

I read all your posts aloud to Chris then we grabbed a few pieces of paper and drew up some ideas.

Thanks to everyone for adding their creativity to the mix!

Sophie
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

When is it shipping? ;)
Starting over
stet

Post by stet »

Just remember that there already was an attempt at a super cheap and super easy similar product called Groove Tubes (aka Dael o Rings) which quickly failed in the market. I would hate to have the same thing happen to a RevoMaze product.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

stet wrote:Just remember that there already was an attempt at a super cheap and super easy similar product called Groove Tubes (aka Dael o Rings) which quickly failed in the market. I would hate to have the same thing happen to a RevoMaze product.
Yeah that would be a shame. If it's metal and less cost (even a little) than the Blue, it will sell I think. I'm ready to buy one :D Maybe some money could be saved by not plating the core? Brass would go nicely with White or Maroon...
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
maximos92

Post by maximos92 »

What if they made a fairly basic maze, something very close to Blue in difficulty. However, it was in a clear sleeve. They could possibly manufacture some sort of silicon sleeve to go over the clear sleeve, similar to a phone case. This way, you could solve it without seeing it, but you could take off the cover and see the maze if you wanted. It would be easy to teach children, or anyone that is just having trouble grasping the process.

It could be an un-plated core. Plastic Sleeve, and silicon cover. I would imagine that would be cheaper than a normal Extreme style maze.
Open: AQ01402|BUMarbles|GRMarbles|MT01059|BR01870|R00052|OR00210|TI00284|GMMarbles|CU00004|Mini
Closed: OBS Black V2|IN00262|Silver|Handmade
Ordered: Salmon
WTB: Black|Lime
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

maximos92 wrote:What if they made a fairly basic maze, something very close to Blue in difficulty. However, it was in a clear sleeve. They could possibly manufacture some sort of silicon sleeve to go over the clear sleeve, similar to a phone case. This way, you could solve it without seeing it, but you could take off the cover and see the maze if you wanted. It would be easy to teach children, or anyone that is just having trouble grasping the process.

It could be an un-plated core. Plastic Sleeve, and silicon cover. I would imagine that would be cheaper than a normal Extreme style maze.
This idea holds some attraction for me. We would get an official RevoHQ clear sleeve (not that the current custom ones are not great!). A bit easier than Blue, with straight-shot bridges, and a couple mini-resets. Maybe the draw bar could be clear plastic as well to reduce cost. I would only add that I would like to see a coloured metal sleeve and an un-plated brass draw bar as an additional option, and the silicon sleeve the same colour. Now would changing the manufacturing to clear plastic and the additional cost of the custom silicon sleeve create enough savings to justify it??? I think removal of the silicon sleeve would have to be somewhat difficult to prevent people from cheating right away.
Cheers.
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

AndrewParr wrote:The gravity pin is a good idea to add to future static Revos. Would you then need to call it a dynamic puzzle? If the only moving parts in a Revo are gravity pins, it could be a less-daunting introduction to dynamic puzzles, and maybe should get a designation other than static, dynamic, or stamatic.
I agree, gravity pins are cool, if used correctly. If the only moving parts were gravity pins, I think it would be called gravitic. :D
maximos92

Post by maximos92 »

darctangent wrote:
maximos92 wrote:What if they made a fairly basic maze, something very close to Blue in difficulty. However, it was in a clear sleeve. They could possibly manufacture some sort of silicon sleeve to go over the clear sleeve, similar to a phone case. This way, you could solve it without seeing it, but you could take off the cover and see the maze if you wanted. It would be easy to teach children, or anyone that is just having trouble grasping the process.

This idea holds some attraction for me. We would get an official RevoHQ clear sleeve (not that the current custom ones are not great!). A bit easier than Blue, with straight-shot bridges, and a couple mini-resets. Maybe the draw bar could be clear plastic as well to reduce cost. I would only add that I would like to see a coloured metal sleeve and an un-plated brass draw bar as an additional option, and the silicon sleeve the same colour. Now would changing the manufacturing to clear plastic and the additional cost of the custom silicon sleeve create enough savings to justify it??? I think removal of the silicon sleeve would have to be somewhat difficult to prevent people from cheating right away.
Cheers.
Yea I like optional metal sleeve and drawbar. You know even if the Silicon was hard to get off. If people wanted it off bad enough, they'd just cut it off. The while idea is to be able to have a puzzle that's easy, and can be looked at to explain the method of solving. The Silicon would be for people who want to actually solve it.

I don't know how much cheaper it would be. I just kind of want a clear sleeve :)
Open: AQ01402|BUMarbles|GRMarbles|MT01059|BR01870|R00052|OR00210|TI00284|GMMarbles|CU00004|Mini
Closed: OBS Black V2|IN00262|Silver|Handmade
Ordered: Salmon
WTB: Black|Lime
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

But isn't a hallmark of the revomaze design not seeing the maze until the puzzle is solved? Maybe it's the hardcore puzzler in me talking, but I don't think that's a quality that should be compromised. The previous suggestions for a simpler design should be enough, yes?

I'd love a clear Revomaze brand sleeve too. Could this be a new and separate project for Revo HQ?
Starting over

Return to “Copper General”