R1 Copper !!!

General Questions.
CzMeteo

Re: R1 Copper !

Post by CzMeteo »

stet wrote:I seem to remember something about a large batch of either Bronzes or Silvers that got held up in customs for weeks and Chris had to get involved to move them along. I can just imagine how odd these look to a customs agent who has no idea what they are. It is for this reason that I never attempted to take any of mine with me as carry-on during flights. I can just image a TSA agent confiscating it because they don't know what it is and it will look really odd in their scanners.

I'm still hoping that this is a case where USPS tracking is just not working. I've had this happen for a few shipments out of China and/or HK recently.
I tend to take a revo with me on flights a lot. Every single time it gets flagged and inspected.

Because it is fully metal, it can be easily mistaken for many things. TSA will always take it out, inspect it by hand and then run a chemical test on it for explosives. After that they will clear it and you will be good to go.

I have done this before and in fact I asked the TSA people how to make this process easier. They said to keep it separate from the rest of your items and send it through the scanner separately like you would a laptop.

In fact, I am getting on a plane today with a revo. I will update if this process is easier using the above method.
thayneq

Re: R1 Copper !!!

Post by thayneq »

Just got mine, waiting to get in the owner's forum.

The shaft is locked right at the very very beginning and won't move in any direction. Is that normal??
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
Mercury (paid :cry: )
MT, SA
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

thayneq wrote:Just got mine, waiting to get in the owner's forum.

The shaft is locked right at the very very beginning and won't move in any direction. Is that normal??
It appears as if many people are having this issue. Don't know if it's meant to happen or if it just needs breaking in or if it's a bad construction?
CzMeteo

Re: R1 Copper !

Post by CzMeteo »

CzMeteo wrote:
stet wrote:I seem to remember something about a large batch of either Bronzes or Silvers that got held up in customs for weeks and Chris had to get involved to move them along. I can just imagine how odd these look to a customs agent who has no idea what they are. It is for this reason that I never attempted to take any of mine with me as carry-on during flights. I can just image a TSA agent confiscating it because they don't know what it is and it will look really odd in their scanners.

I'm still hoping that this is a case where USPS tracking is just not working. I've had this happen for a few shipments out of China and/or HK recently.
I tend to take a revo with me on flights a lot. Every single time it gets flagged and inspected.

Because it is fully metal, it can be easily mistaken for many things. TSA will always take it out, inspect it by hand and then run a chemical test on it for explosives. After that they will clear it and you will be good to go.

I have done this before and in fact I asked the TSA people how to make this process easier. They said to keep it separate from the rest of your items and send it through the scanner separately like you would a laptop.

In fact, I am getting on a plane today with a revo. I will update if this process is easier using the above method.
TSA security was so easy. They didn't need to dig trough my bag to pull out the puzzle. They just swabbed it and scanned which took less than 30 seconds and I was on my way.
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

CzMeteo wrote:
thayneq wrote:Just got mine, waiting to get in the owner's forum.

It appears as if many people are having this issue. Don't know if it's meant to happen or if it just needs breaking in or if it's a bad construction?
Sounds like it's probably part of the puzzle then ;-)
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
MT, SA
rodrigue10

Post by rodrigue10 »

Am i a bad person for staring out the window waiting for the postman to show up with my Revo?! :D
OP- CE Set #22 BU GR BR TI R BL OR Obs Set V2 Set AG AU LM mini GM HM CU AQ MT IN PU SM
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
CL - ♀ ♁ ♂ ⚳ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ Eris, Makemake
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

rodrigue10 wrote:Am i a bad person for staring out the window waiting for the postman to show up with my Revo?! :D
Not at all!!! As long as that's the only thing you're staring at out the window .... :? ;) :lol:
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

Hmm... I'm now 90% sure my puzzle is broken right out of the box. I emailed Chris and Sophie to let them know. I'm sure they'll find a way to fix it....

Inspecting the packaging, I notice a dent on the side of the box right where the shaft sits, so I'm betting it took a blow on the corner during shipping. Why wouldn't they design the packaging to protect bumps along the direction of the shaft?! There is padding above and below, but that's not the critical place you need padding.

*off my soapbox*

:cry:
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
MT, SA
rodrigue10

Post by rodrigue10 »

TheWaddler wrote:
rodrigue10 wrote:Am i a bad person for staring out the window waiting for the postman to show up with my Revo?! :D
Not at all!!! As long as that's the only thing you're staring at out the window .... :? ;) :lol:
Well, my creepiness paid off....the postman left my package in his truck!
All is well though...he promptly got it for me and now it's finally home! :D

Now i can get some work done around the house so i can play later!
OP- CE Set #22 BU GR BR TI R BL OR Obs Set V2 Set AG AU LM mini GM HM CU AQ MT IN PU SM
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
CL - ♀ ♁ ♂ ⚳ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ Eris, Makemake
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

rodrigue10 wrote:Well, my creepiness paid off....the postman left my package in his truck!
All is well though...he promptly got it for me and now it's finally home! :D

Now i can get some work done around the house so i can play later!
Ha, good shout!

Nah, PLAY NOW!!! ;) :lol:
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua