Opinions about copper

General Questions.
SittingDuck

Opinions about copper

Post by SittingDuck »

I was wondering what the ones who own/have solved the copper think of it? I suppose there might be threads that answers my question in the opened area for copper, but that won't help me much ;)

From what I can see on the product page, this was a static maze with a 2mm pin, which I guess would translate to a harder maze with more difficult dexterity parts/bridges. I suppose this also might lead to a somewhat frustrating experience for some.

The product page also lists a "lack of demand" as reason for being out of production, which for me seem to indicate that it wasn't well received. Apart from the gold, which seem to have had mixed reception due to it's different style from the rest of the mazes, I can't really recall a maze being seen upon as a bad maze. (I still ordered a gold when given the chance, as I would like to try it, and it might be refreshing with one that is a little different).

So, what do people think about the copper?
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
AndrewParr

Re: Opinions about copper

Post by AndrewParr »

It's a great maze and I'm glad I own it. Because of the characteristics you mentioned it's like a Revomaze with more mappable space. And the space is used very well.
I have solved mine only once or twice. It's a tough puzzle that demands patience and precision.
Starting over
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

Copper takes the static design to a higher level as it is by far the "biggest" maze.

"lack of demand" may appear when the "core" puzzlers got their version and the stock lasts some time unsold.
Producing a little batch to fulfill some peoples wishes may be a bit expensive....
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
Orko

Post by Orko »

I also like it a lot and the core is a beauty. For sure a nice gem in every collection. :lol:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

This is one of my favorites and I have solved it four times, but this maze will be really hard to solve without mapping, but for me, mapping is one of the best part of solving a Revomaze. This is also a maze that is fun to solve now and then :)
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

this is a beast of a puzzle! and a beauty of a core to behold.
not sure I want to solve it again, but it is a work of art.
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
KK1

Post by KK1 »

One of my faves for sure...it was my first after Blue, and it taught me to be accurate with mapping :D
Open; AQ, BU, GR, BR, TI, OR, IN, CU, GM, MTHM, MERC
Closed; AU, AG, LM
Want; PU, BL, R
Voyager #44
alex80it

Post by alex80it »

It's definitely on my wish list, I really hope I'll be able to get my hands on one sooner or later...
I have now run out of Revos to solve, besides the Gold, and it's terrible!!!
Open: BU, BU Obs, PRO, BR, IN, GR, GR Obs, MT SE, GM, TI, LM, OR, BL Obs, AU, AQ, AG
In progress: CU
Closed: R Obs
Waiting for: MT V1, SL
Wishlist: R, PU, BL, MINI
homework52

Post by homework52 »

I'm debating getting this one or Indigo or Gunmetal (either with Aqua).

How does it compare to those two?
BU00231- Solved
GR00108 - Solved
BR00113 - Solved
AG00205 - Solved
AU00037 - In Progress
R00076 - Solved
OR00037 - Solved
LM00037 - In Progress
Mercury 037 - Solved
Blue Obsession V1/V2 Pro - Solved
Green Obsession V1 - Solved
Black Obsession V1 - Solved / V2 - Solved
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

They are all differently unique and fun in their own way. My take is Copper is intricate. Indigo is beautiful. Gunmetal is mysterious. They are all challenging. I would go for Indigo with Copper but if it were me I'd just end up getting them all in time. ;)
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered

Return to “Copper General”