New Gunmetal owner! (and hello!)

General Questions.
Neosilver

New Gunmetal owner! (and hello!)

Post by Neosilver »

My GM (very first revo, ordered the blue/bronze/salmon but the wait times were probably going to kill me) just arrived an hour and a half ago via the ebay listing and I'm already stuck!

Looking through the board here, this seems normal though, hopefully it doesn't take on the order of several months/years to figure it out! :lol:

Glad to join this community!
Blue: Opened (approx 3 hours)
Green: Opened (2 days)
Bronze: Opened (3 weeks)
Gunmetal: Opened (1 month)
Indigo: Opened (1 month)
Salmon: In progress!
prodigy

Re: New Gunmetal owner! (and hello!)

Post by prodigy »

Welcome NeoSilver!

It has been normal to wait for the puzzles, but when they arrive they always are amazing!

I hope that the in-house production will start up soon with fast deliveries as soon as the new machine is up and running.

Gunmetal can be a hard maze to start with, but you will just have more hours of fun puzzle solving :twisted:
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Neosilver

Post by Neosilver »

Gunmetal can be a hard maze to start with, but you will just have more hours of fun puzzle solving :twisted:

You weren't kidding, I pretty much spent all day (probably 7 hours off and on) before figuring out how to reset it. I feel like it would've been much more obvious with prior experience with puzzles, but at least I can get back to exploring rather than being worried that something was wrong with my puzzle! :D
Neosilver

Post by Neosilver »

update I guess

I feel like I've made so much progress in understanding the mechanics of the puzzle, and I feel like I understand exactly what the overall idea is, but I've hit a sticking point so close from my goal! I've been here for a few days now, but I'll keep plugging away at it. Really enjoyable experience creating theories about what the internals are doing and testing them, even more enjoyable when they turn out to be right! :D

I'll have this thing cracked someday.
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

Welcome to the Revomaze world! Your comments take me back to my first Revo (the Blue). I do not envy you in tackling the Gunmetal as your first. Best of luck and enjoy!
Shane.
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
Neosilver

Post by Neosilver »

Some concerning news, it unfortunately got stuck for about a month, I figured that I would email Chris once he wasn't so busy with getting the backorders sent out, setting up his in-house production, etc.

But today it actually came unstuck seemingly randomly!

I think I have a few ideas about what might have happened, but nothing very solid. It's made me a little concerned about whether my puzzle is fully intact, though. I'd appreciate it if I could PM someone that's opened it about my findings to confirm whether everything is in working order.
Neosilver

Post by Neosilver »

Open! :D :D :D

The last bit took me forever to get, very tricky! I guess I'm back to waiting for my bronze and salmon to arrive now. :lol:

Return to “Gunmetal General”