First Revomaze could use some help....

General Questions.
Luciancain13

First Revomaze could use some help....

Post by Luciancain13 »

Absolutely love this puzzle! GM is my first. I have had it about 6 months and am still unable to get it back to the starting point. I know I am in a trap, but am unable to get out. I believe it is the first trap. I can almost get the bolt back to its original "even" position, but not quite.

Need help resetting it.....
Orko

Re: First Revomaze could use some help....

Post by Orko »

Maybe you should check every wall by walking close to it like a mouse. ;)

.....in both directions.
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Or you can try to start mapping. I don't think you need a detailed or advanced map if you just want to reset the puzzle and get back to the beginning.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
kando

Post by kando »

This is not the revomaze you should have started with...there is a trick to this one that is a huge challenge. I started with this one and made the same mistake.

Also, the fact that you cannot reset the maze...you still have to feel out the entire maze and try making a map before you even attempt to then topple the challenge. Resetting the maze is easy. It is not a large maze. PM me if you want some more help.
Luciancain13

Post by Luciancain13 »

This was given to me as a gift with no knowledge of difficulty and that I should have started earlier. I “BRIEFLY” got it back to the start point where both “hex” were equal and swiveling 360•. I found a single point of resistance and assumed it to be the starting point. I pulled on the right hex and am stuck in the same place.
BlackClub

Post by BlackClub »

For the general operation of the puzzle, try watching this video by Mr Puzzle, it might help you understand how the puzzles work

Note - it is a spoiler for the blue revomaze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5zQPPCszqE&t=689s

From memory, the Gunmetal has a "one way" entry at the start of the maze, so you can enter but not return to the start by retracing your steps

So it sounds like you have entered the maze, and need to proceed from there

Good luck, especially if this is your first maze!
Escaped: SP AQ TQ BU EM GR BR AG TI GM CU MT BL v1 GR BU Mini OR IN PE
Trapped in:AU LM HM RU SA
Waiting on:
Looking for: BL v2 PU
Luciancain13

Post by Luciancain13 »

am going to attempt my first map on my first Revomaze, the GM. After some quick calculations and a few sheets of graph paper later, I have a grid space that is 80 high and 30 wide. (80 represents the length of the shaft as it moves through the cylinder. The 30 is the rotation) If I hold the maze upright so the “R” is facing me and toward the ceiling, so the shaft slowly falls down out of the cylinder, how do I know where to start my map? In the middle of one of the long 80 sides, 30 sides, or or in a certain corner? (I am trying to keep my map roughly centered on the page... AKA I I do not want to go off the side of the page and have to flip back and forth. The state I am in right now, I can’t get back to the neutral beginning. I an stuck where one of the hexes protrudes 5 mm from the right side. I am going to use that as my start/reference point. Is there anyway to completely reset the GM?
BlackClub

Post by BlackClub »

I use a thin piece of graph paper to map the rotation, along with a 3d printed trainer, from Really Big Teeth

I use the join as my "zero"

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2729101
Waiting on:
Luciancain13

Post by Luciancain13 »

Will your method still work if I can’t get the maze back to the starting neutral position?
BlackClub

Post by BlackClub »

should do, just start mapping from wherever you are, and redraw once you get back to the start.

you will probably redo the map a few times anyway
Waiting on:

Return to “Gunmetal General”