Super stuck

General Questions.
Prismbreakz11

Super stuck

Post by Prismbreakz11 »

:oops: is there any way someone can PM me a map of at least the first pool in gunmetal? Ive had it for over a year now and am officially stumped :roll:
mattangel

Re: Super stuck

Post by mattangel »

Unfortunately, maps aren't generally released. If you have a map that you'd like someone to look at, that would be ok, but don't expect a lot of help. We like to see the suffering and (more so) success of others!

I haven't opened mine yet (just no time), but I have a good sense of what's going on inside of the maze. I would suggest making a very accurate map. Pay attention to everything, especially if something doesn't always add up.

Good luck!
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Have you solved any of the previous mazes yet? They're a good place to start and work up to the Gunmetal.

But yes, as Matt said, accurate mapping is always key.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
Prismbreakz11

Post by Prismbreakz11 »

I agree and I want to solve it on my own!! I'm still perplexed on how to make a map.... Any tips? Is there any way I can get a sample of what a map might look like?!

P.S I do have experience with the puzzles from the Isis adventure series and have completed two of them but this is my first revomaze
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

There won't be any example maps available for the puzzles. We try our best not to post spoilers. In terms of "how" to map, you may want to check out this thread: http://revomaze.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=891. The puzzles are blind mazes (as I'm sure you've already guessed). Each has AT LEAST the following components: A sleeve, core, drawbar, one fixed pin to hold the draw bar in place, and a spring loaded maze pin which is ~3mm wide. The latter is what you're navigating through the maze. Different puzzles may have additional components which add complexity. The space of play is slightly less than 1/2 of the core. You'll notice a dot to the right hand side of the sleeve. Once complete, this dot will ( :twisted: ) line up with a dot on the core. This dot, along with the engravings and hex ridges on the core are good references for you to map against.

The GM is probably not the best puzzle to start out with. Blue will teach you the basics and is a fun puzzle to knock out over a weekend. The GM requires skills learned in the blue and others to open.

Don't let your imagination get away from you, but be creative in your thinking. If you'd like, you can always send your map to a mod who has opened the GM (not me), but don't expect a lot of help.

Good luck!
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Well put, Mattangel. Wish I had that wisdom when I started out!
Starting over

Post by 8844 »

Hello, I have been stuck in gunmetal for months now.
Could anyone check my map and tell me if my current map is at least correct and if it is, give me a small hint on what should I expect next? So I can continue searching, because Im out of ideas :(
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Sure. Pm me with your map

Return to “Gunmetal General”