Well I'm here. I'm excited. And I'm stuck D:

General Questions.
kando

Well I'm here. I'm excited. And I'm stuck D:

Post by kando »

But I'm going to keep trying! I've gotten through the first part, with the click that stops you from going back. Gotten through the second part. And now I've been stuck in this large, mostly dead end maze that I can at least satisfyingly always navigate to the trap that sends me back home. I might need some help soon though if i can't get past this part.

Going to try and start mapping :mrgreen:
darctangent

Re: Well I'm here. I'm excited. And I'm stuck D:

Post by darctangent »

Welcome!
Yes, it's a tricky beast. Is that your first Revo?
Cheers,
Shane.
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
kando

Post by kando »

Yes, first one! I'm curious, are there paths you take to "click" like the first path but that open other paths instead that weren't open before? Or am i overthinking it?
Brian706

Post by Brian706 »

This feels dangerously close to too much in the open forums.

Welcome! Starting with Gunmetal?! I haven't attempted mine yet, still stuck on the Green.
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG
kando

Post by kando »

Found it in the Marbles store in the mall, had to have it. Took some major convincing of fiance :lol:

Maybe someone can help me get over this hump I'm stuck in? Been stuck here for 2-3 days already :3

PM me if you can, thanks!

I have started making a map, but it isn't helping. I feel like I've grinded against every nook and cranny and still all I know is where a trap is...anyone who thinks they can point me in the right direction? Thanks!
darenwhitaker

Post by darenwhitaker »

GM is a booger! I'm still trying to figure out the "trick" for this one.
I've been working on it off and on since Nov of 2014, yes '14!
Open - BU02156 / GRmarbles / AQ00066 / MT06-30 / GMmarbles
Working - mini & Black Plastic w/ Green "R"
Not attempted - OR00287 / LM00282 / CU00066 / IN00066 / R00102
CE #058 - Admiring on the shelf
Looking for...Gary Foshee's Open Lock
kando

Post by kando »

darenwhitaker wrote:GM is a booger! I'm still trying to figure out the "trick" for this one.
I've been working on it off and on since Nov of 2014, yes '14!
Oh boy, that does not make me feel good :shock:
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Most of us tried the blue, green and bronze before attempting the gunmetal. It's good to have that background and familiarity with the puzzles. With the gunmetal, you need to be able to compare what you think is in the puzzle with what you already have learned from other Revos.
It helps to try to think like the designer... "What's a new way to make this puzzle challenging?" Without previous Revo experience, you can't do that.
That's not to say its impossible to start with the Gunmetal. I think a few others have. But if you can obtain an Aqua or Blue, you'll get it open in a reasonable amount of time and get to study the core, which could also help.
Good luck!
Starting over
kando

Post by kando »

AndrewParr wrote:Most of us tried the blue, green and bronze before attempting the gunmetal. It's good to have that background and familiarity with the puzzles. With the gunmetal, you need to be able to compare what you think is in the puzzle with what you already have learned from other Revos.

I think a few others have. But if you can obtain an Aqua or Blue, you'll get it open in a reasonable amount of time and get to study the core, which could also help.
Good luck!
Unfortunately I was lucky to be able to buy this one, there is no way I will be able to purchase another unit anytime in the foreseeable future. Hoping someone has mercy on me and gives me a clue.

In the meantime, I have wrapped some masking tape around the 2 parts, marked them 0, 90, 180, 270 and marked the Revomaze label with a line, so i might be able to make a more accurate map.

However, I still seem to be stuck in the same place :(
kando

Post by kando »

Well my hands are hurting like hell and I'm still no further. Please someone give me a hint to get to the next section...thank you!! I don't want to sell this, I would like to be able to open it :(

*edit* Someone has been helping me over the top of the hill, thank you! I have found a bit more to explore and a new mystery to decipher...

Return to “Gunmetal General”