R1 gunmetal!

General Questions.
Chyron

Re: R1 gunmetal!

Post by Chyron »

It doesn't grind, it's more like it has some sort of brake that sometimes engages and sometimes doesn't. I don't think it's an intended feature of the puzzle. (I might have got a busted one) Trying to get some other's to chime in if they've seen anything similar.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
rodrigue10

Post by rodrigue10 »

zebrafinch wrote:So anyone figure out if the puzzle is dynamic or static?

After playing with them have they been easier to move or are any of you having problems with it grinding or anything like that?
i've found a couple spots that lead me to believe there is a dynamic element...a few things are reminding me of LIME....which i haven't yet solved. :(
OP- CE Set #22 BU GR BR TI R BL OR Obs Set V2 Set AG AU LM mini GM HM CU AQ MT IN PU SM
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
CL - ♀ ♁ ♂ ⚳ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ Eris, Makemake
rodrigue10

Post by rodrigue10 »

Chyron wrote:It doesn't grind, it's more like it has some sort of brake that sometimes engages and sometimes doesn't. I don't think it's an intended feature of the puzzle. (I might have got a busted one) Trying to get some other's to chime in if they've seen anything similar.
Chyron...PM'ed

Others...i don't appear to have any hangups that are unintended. I can reset within a few seconds without any trouble.

hopefully Chyron's troubles are not indicative of the whole lot of Gunmetals
OP- CE Set #22 BU GR BR TI R BL OR Obs Set V2 Set AG AU LM mini GM HM CU AQ MT IN PU SM
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Just an update, I've been messing with it for a while now (after half a drop of lubrication, with another half of it wiped off) and it's moving quite well now. I won't say it's as smooth as my others, but it's workable enough to have discovered a terrible horrible dead end.

If this is like LM, which I hope it's not because I think that's a huge step up from Blue/Green (for Marbles customers) Then I might know where to go with it.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
zebrafinch

Post by zebrafinch »

How would you rate the difficulty so far? In the lime/silver range or the green/bronze range?

I was expecting the marbles to be the easier of the 2 (gunmetal/copper).
rodrigue10

Post by rodrigue10 »

zebrafinch wrote:How would you rate the difficulty so far? In the lime/silver range or the green/bronze range?

I was expecting the marbles to be the easier of the 2 (gunmetal/copper).
I find that there are some dynamic elements going on...so at least at a Bronze level, but i suspect some Lime/silver trickery going on...haven't figured out exactly what yet.
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

I thought I read somewhere that the gunmetal was static. Anyone else with me on this?
Starting over
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

For $300 I hope it isn't static
Last edited by 03SVTCobra on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Marbles HQ says they won't have online sales available until tomorrow due to a delayed shipment.
Starting over
ceagull333

Post by ceagull333 »

Despite my frustration with the way the Purples went to those who spent the most and no credit given for having worked hard to be in the top openers / competition list I bought a Gunmetal. I called the Marbles in Seattle at the Bellevue Square store and they received 4. They now have 3. The cost was $328 with tax. I have friends there that are going to ship it to me.

My name is John and I am a Revomaze junky!
BR110 Open GR296 Open GR Obs Open BU652 Open BLObs Open Black Obs Open AG104 Open Red Obs Open RD46 Open AU46 Open Purple (not right!)HM08LE (sealed)OR46 Open LM113 Open GM Open TI46 Open Aqua,CU on hand Indigo on order

Return to “Gunmetal General”