Opinions about Mercury

General Questions
SittingDuck

Opinions about Mercury

Post by SittingDuck »

Could anyone who has played with the Mercury please comment with their opinion about it, and the new series in general?

Is it as enjoyable as the original mazes, or is it like a completely different kind of puzzle? Is it enjoyable to resolve (to compare, I do find the original series fun to resolve, even though I know the maze).
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
prodigy

Re: Opinions about Mercury

Post by prodigy »

I really like the Mercury puzzle.I didn't have any problems with mine so I solved everything as intended and it was a fun challenge to find a way to map the puzzle. It is a good maze with different challenges and you cannot feel safe until the last step in the puzzle. It isn't an easy maze, but not too hard either.

In general they are really fun to map and good feeling when you move around in the maze, but I still prefer the R1 due to the better feedback, but I think you will get used to it after a couple of mazes and I also think there have been several improvements that will make the R2 even better then the version I have solved.

I also think they are really beautiful to look at and there will be many new possibilities for Chris to implement new cool features that will be a fun challenge to understand.

I think they are very similar to R1 and the Mercury is really fun to solve again and again. It is one of my favorites. I hope that the R2 production soon will be up to speed and that everyone can enjoy Mercury and that we will see the coming R2 puzzles soon.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
stet

Post by stet »

I think that it is horrible. I don't like the new form/shape at all. It just doesn't give the same type of feel and feedback that the original series gives you. Also, it is way too easy to skip past 95% of the maze and almost go directly from the start to the end.

I have my doubts if I'll ever bother buying more in R2 series. But I will gladly buy every new R1 that they make!
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Quite a difference in opinion there!

Regarding the issue with skipping most of the maze, I am sure that's an issue that will be sorted out based on the feedback.

I suppose the only way to really know is to try one, if given the opportunity.
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
david.borycz

Post by david.borycz »

I'll throw in my two cents. Personally the Mercury has been my favorite revomaze so far. I really enjoyed the extra length of the puzzle as opposed to the R1s that can feel short sometimes. I only had one area where I had an issue with skipping a relatively short piece of the puzzle, and even then it was my fault as I could feel I was putting more pressure than necessary for the route.

It's definitely a different mapping experience being circular rather than rectangular in shape, but that's easy enough to overcome with practice and some decent tools. Plus the markings on the Mercury make the radial distance measures pretty easy to manage.

That being said, I bought the Mercury off someone who bought it originally and disliked it so much he sold me his puzzle and Voyager status, so I fully acknowledge the opinions are mixed. But I am more excited about the rest of the R2 series coming out than I am about any other revo I still have to work on.
KK1

Post by KK1 »

Totally understand the mixed reviews..i think it depends on the smoothness of operation for the future success of the R2s...i believe the original mechanism has now been improved upon so hopefully the new batches will be amazing!...that said i am still enjoying mine...no probs with the maze yet...just a little rough in places....im here for the long ride though!
Open; AQ, BU, GR, BR, TI, OR, IN, CU, GM, MTHM, MERC
Closed; AU, AG, LM
Want; PU, BL, R
Voyager #44
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

I never got a fair shot at one but it felt weird to try and navigate through the puzzle.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

Am I the only one who hasn't gotten their mercury yet? I feel so left out :oops:
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
Mercury (paid :cry: )
MT, SA
Orko

Post by Orko »

No i am also waiting from the very beginning. :roll:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

Me too..
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.

Return to “Mercury General”