R2 Series - Update

General Questions
doc81

Re: R2 Series - Update

Post by doc81 »

Do you know for a fact that all 100 memberships/Mercuries were sold Skarlath? Even if this happened you don't know how many canceled their membership after waiting so long. Vcif said that they did a few posts up. So no 100 total mercury puzzles likely don't need to be made. This is where an active membership list would be helpful.
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

At the start you could also buy a membership with a reserve number but not buy a mercury right away so there might be some who paid for membership but were waiting for mercury to be made before buying it
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

As i am one of the 20 first users who got a mercury and had issues with the first version, i am sure Chris is still working on a better version.
We all know about the genuine and perfect mechanics of the R1 series and the construction of the first R2 had some serious problems that have to be solved before the R2 revos will be comparable considering quality to the R1's.
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

I agree with Dorothea. I have one of the original 20 mercuries, with the modified draw bar + extra o-rings...
it still has issues.
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

smiteo wrote:I agree with Dorothea. I have one of the original 20 mercuries, with the modified draw bar + extra o-rings...
it still has issues.
I had to wait for mine due to the initial problems but I also was in the first 20 (but the last puzzle out in the group). Chris did modifications to mine and a new draw bar but I have never had any problems at all with mine. It works perfect.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
stet

Post by stet »

I have one of the initial ones and also have the replacement draw bar but it still has problems. What did Chris modify with your puzzle? I didn't know that he was doing that. I wonder how to get mine back to him.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

stet wrote:I have one of the initial ones and also have the replacement draw bar but it still has problems. What did Chris modify with your puzzle? I didn't know that he was doing that. I wonder how to get mine back to him.
Shoot him a direct email, I'm sure he'll reply with an address and instructions
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

stet wrote:I have one of the initial ones and also have the replacement draw bar but it still has problems. What did Chris modify with your puzzle? I didn't know that he was doing that. I wonder how to get mine back to him.
I have never had any problem with mine and Chris corrected the initial problems directly to mine before it was sent out. It works perfect foe me with the changes. Here is the information I could find in my email:

13 feb. 2014
I’m really sorry for the delay with your Mercury Chris has found that yours is ‘too loose’ and he has been working on it this afternoon, this is why it has not been sent. As with one another puzzle, Chris believes he will have to once again replace the drawbar.

17 feb. 2014
As you can see from the forum we have had a few pin/spring issues which Chris needs to work on. Since your puzzle is still here then you will be given the new spring design which is being worked on and your puzzle will be sent later this week after this has been done.

18 feb. 2014
Just to let you know, Your R2 Mercury will be on its way very soon. I have made the drawbars, Pin Can and have the new spring. I am just finishing off the pins before assembly and testing.
Your puzzle along with two others will have three changes, the new spring /bar to allow more feedback, location mark on the centre and a new single o-ring instead of three small ones under the centre.
This will make you puzzle much better.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Coloradobluesguy

Post by Coloradobluesguy »

RevoGirl wrote:Hey

We are getting on with the puzzles with the programming of the new machine, the parts will be made to a very high standard, repeatable and within a working timeframe. While a few Mercurys need finishing, the machine will allow us to do Venus and the rest.

We will put up some video of the machine making the parts once we are underway. To be in a position where we can design, prototype then run a production is why we have invested in high class machine.

In the meantime, we are woring to clear down the existing orders, have some new stock made and getting on with our plans.

Appreciate everyone who is waiting.

:)
How can I buy one?
AQ-01128-SOLVED
BU-07001-SOLVED
TQ-00223-In Progress
GR-07001-SOLVED
Mint MT-0150-Solved
BR07001-In Progress
Indigo-Ordered/Arrived
Gunmetal-Ordered/Arrived
Copper-Ordered/Arrived
Silver-
Handmade
Lime
Mini
Red-0032
Gold-
Titanium
doc81

Post by doc81 »

Buying one used is the only way currently. I suppose it's possible Chris will make more once all of the preorders are fulfilled but I'm sure they will cost alot more than what those who preordered paid years ago.
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE

Return to “Mercury General”