R2 Series - Update

General Questions
Rachel K

R2 Series - Update

Post by Rachel K »

Hello Gang :)

Nearly the weekend once again, so as some of you know I've been chasing up R2 Series pre orders and giving updates, but I thought I would put up an announcement in case anyone missed mine or Chris's statements.

Firstly on behalf of everyone at HQ, I'm sorry these puzzles have been very delayed, lot's of factors played part but the main one is Chris had to 'tweek' the puzzles design here's what Chris has previous written;

"Just to clarify, after sending out the first Mercurys, it was not as smooth as people liked and the feedback using the puzzle was not as good as R1. Also a few managed to get passed certain areas incorrectly.

After talking with Ben, I changed the way the maze sat on the base and made the bb's fixed. Next was a change that added a trust needle bearing under the centre which is sprung loaded to apply constant down force pressure making the maze always at the same height and run exceptionally smoother. The original had the springs in the base pushing the maze up and hence not allow a consistent puzzle.

One other change was that the centre is locked in itself and freeing the drawbar to run smoothly. These changes are being applied to all the outstanding puzzles (not just Mercury)."

I can officially say we are starting work on completing just the Mercury series and see where that leaves us, so no batches, no numbers, Just mercury at this present moment.

Any more updates, I shall post them on the Mercury section. Have a lovely weekend everyone! :D

Rachel
nos6074

Re: R2 Series - Update

Post by nos6074 »

Is there any update as to the voyager series? I'm truly not trying to be a downer but we have surpassed three years in this endeavor.
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
stet

Post by stet »

Will there be a way for those of us with the early versions to get some of these updates applied to theirs?
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

stet wrote:Will there be a way for those of us with the early versions to get some of these updates applied to theirs?
I really hope so, so we also receive the final and correct puzzle.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

I'd like a 'finished' puzzle as well.

It would be nice to hear of a plan for the rest of R2 series as well.
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
Rawdo

Post by Rawdo »

How many puzzles have been delivered yet.?
BlV2open GrV2open BrV2open OR00266open
R2 Voyager #74
Mercury pre-ordered
Venus pre-ordered
Earth pre-ordered
Mars pre-ordered
Ceres pre-ordered
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Rawdo wrote:How many puzzles have been delivered yet.?
I think 60 of 100 of the first puzzle (Mercury) in the R2 series.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

Hq are you there?.. anything.. some kind of a response would be helpful.
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Orko

Post by Orko »

Hey Nos, long time ago since your last post, but good question. :roll:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
Rachel K

Post by Rachel K »

Hey

We are getting on with the puzzles with the programming of the new machine, the parts will be made to a very high standard, repeatable and within a working timeframe. While a few Mercurys need finishing, the machine will allow us to do Venus and the rest.

We will put up some video of the machine making the parts once we are underway. To be in a position where we can design, prototype then run a production is why we have invested in high class machine.

In the meantime, we are woring to clear down the existing orders, have some new stock made and getting on with our plans.

Appreciate everyone who is waiting.

:)

Return to “Mercury General”