R2 Limited Editions

General Questions and Progress Updates.
halfbake69

Re: R2 Limited Editions

Post by halfbake69 »

We all beleive that prototype tickets were sold to get income and to bring a LE shortly after is for the same reason
Having paid for venus and earth preorder I decided to place the money invested in them toward the first LE so I only had to pay an extra 35£ or so

I do beleive it will help the company but im worry that revoHQ is running low on cash to have brought this so Quick and i sure hope they get the business back on track with those new machine they bought

I get the feeling they are struggling to do so

Mercury have disapointed me so far but im on track to solving it the right way and i hope it will renew my love for revo
I will always love the first series but im still not sure i could continue to pay more and more money
When i started the revo adventure i was paying between 85£ to 100£ but this 250£ for a puzzle seems big

Anyway I'm on board for at least one of them and I hope they won't go down before having shipped what i paid for! :(
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

I'm just going to throw the disclaimer up that I have no intimate knowledge of the business practices here and just commenting on what is externally visible. It's of enough concern that I bring up the potential but I do not want to be responsible for a rumor being taken as factual.

Just basic algebra is all it is. There is a self-imposed ceiling to profits with regards to this whole R2 series that confounds the heck out of me. The way I see it that ceiling is at 115,000 pounds TOP currently not counting Shipping and Handling. Seems good, but that'd be assuming they ALL are purchased. On top of that, it's all dependent on new puzzles being brought out regularly, and Every. Single. Voyager. buying Every. Single. Puzzle. Insanity!
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Chyron wrote:On top of that, it's all dependent on new puzzles being brought out regularly, and Every. Single. Voyager. buying Every. Single. Puzzle. Insanity!
it it's insanity, but unreasonable to assume it'll happen. Most of those who purchased courage will buy all the puzzles. There will be a few who won't, but there are a few non-voyager folks who will (including those that they obtain through a voyage member).
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

I apologize if this viewpoint has already been made, but I find this sale HIGHLY inappropriate. Most don't even have the first R2 puzzle yet.

Oh...and I'm just going to leave this here:
RevoMaster wrote:In future we will make larger batches of specials due to the growing numbers of collectors. Once the Yellow and Handmade are complete, we will be making 50 specials in future.
September 1, 2010 in a Handmade update.

I can't be bothered to hunt down his post stating that there would be no more pre-orders.
pcad

Post by pcad »

So this is in addition to Ceres and Pluto, I can't say I'm very surprised. If Smiteo is correct and these are coming after the 8 regular R2's and after the 2 special edition R2's it looks like the wait will be measured in years.

The library collection and the Jupiter prototype proceeds were to go to capital equipment. If it isn't, then it went to operating costs which would be very disappointing. I'd like to know just how expensive these machines are. Is it realistic to raise enough money to purchase one? If they cost £10,000, they should be just about there. If they cost £100,000 then it isn't going to happen.

Let's see, 40 puzzles @ £250 each...that's another £10,000. The prototype was £220 x 48 numbers which generated another £10,560. I'm guessing the library collection made at least $5,000 USD. This doesn't include income from regular sales of R1's and R2's.

I don't think I've read any announcements about the new machine yet. I'd like to know that they have it before I commit to another £500 long term interest free loan.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

I personally think its only going to cause problems in the long run, taking pre orders all the time. What happens when all this money drys up. Half of the next puzzles are already brought and paid for. So the income for the next puzzle has already been halved.
It seems to me like a carrot is being chased to catch up with the production costs, but are they getting any closer, or will the pre orders for r3s come out further down the line to fund the remainder of the r2s?
How will the last puzzle ever be made when Chris decides hes made enough?

However I could be wrong, maybe this is just the way he likes to run things. Im not one to judge, as long as I get my puzzles. Which I have so far.
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
Mr. Tea

Post by Mr. Tea »

For me, I would love to buy this and I have the funds but, I am still waiting on CE, mini, and mercury. CE I ordered in oct 2010 and I am not wanting to preorder any more until my order backlog has arrived.
BU01080 Open
BR00486 Open
OR00108 Open
TI (SE) 18-50 Open
LM00018 Playing
Blue Obs Open, Blue Obs Pro Open, Black Obs Closed
vcif

Post by vcif »

Clearly, there have been serious cash flow problems @ RevoHQ.

What is not clear is if CP can design, produce, and sell puzzles for a profit.

Selling future promises can not last, especially at this escalating pace.

Sad.
BU2034 O 5.26.13
GR1803 O 6.15.13
BR V2 O 6.22.13
OR136 O 7.29.13
AG 1511 O 8.17.13
LI 245 O 2.1.14
TI 21 O 2.8.14
GM O 1.13.15
CU 96
Voyager 96
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

Did anyone actually pay for these TODAY?
In that case my initial assumption may be incorrect... which would be sad.
Extreme #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN
Limited #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN STAMATIC
pcad

Post by pcad »

I find I can't log onto the Revomaze website. I've been asked to change my password several times. After each time I select a new password, it refuses to recognize it as valid. So I couldn't order it even if I wanted to.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves

Return to “Makemake & Eris General”