R2 Limited Editions

General Questions and Progress Updates.
smiteo

R2 Limited Editions

Post by smiteo »

just a heads up - the announcement of the Limited Editions have no timetable for the release of these puzzles - from PMs, I've heard that it is roughly the same time as the Special Edition (Ceres and Pluto). So a LONG time away...
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
Chyron

Re: R2 Limited Editions

Post by Chyron »

Doesn't matter, they're LIMITED! weeeeee hooray for self imposed supply limitations. It's like Inception. Supply Limitations within Supply Limitations!

I bought into it though. It's a matter of completeness. I may be a hypocrite but I don't like it.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

I don't like it either.

still ****** off about Purple. I had the complete collection until then.
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

I know what you mean. These come at a horrible time for me. im certain they will be sold out by the time I can pay for them. ughh... there goes my R2 collection. :cry:
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
bulldawg

Post by bulldawg »

I can't do it. With two puzzles paid (Mercury, Venus) and not yet shipped, I have not decided not to put any more money toward Revos until I see some progress on the shipping front.
R2 Cosmic Voyager #54
Bronze V2 ext - opened!
Silver ext - AG00118 core (Revomaster Collection AP0023)
Blue obs - opened!
Green obs - opened!
Blk obs - opened!
Black V2 obs - received
Red obs - opened.
Indigo - in progress
Mercury - ordered
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

It makes my head hurt why it has to be done this way. Are there people out there that need their puzzling experiences limited to themselves? Not like "Don't touch you might break it." but more "I have something you don't have."

My therapist is going to tell me to stop buying puzzles soon.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

I don't care for the Limited editions either - I would be perfectly happy if all the existing puzzles were available to those who wanted them, including the handmade and Black (even though I own those).

The timing of this announcement sickens me a bit. Only 20 people have the R2 mercuries that they paid for. No news on ship dates for the remaining batches, yet they continue to announce new products that you can buy now (shipping later!) and pre-orders for all batches of the remaining R2s... Sounds like more of the same problems ala R1 Gold, R1 CE, etc...

*sigh*
tauceti

Post by tauceti »

yeah. Up until this point in time it is far too early to buy into these limited puzzles. I would have appreciated it if they would have done it after all R2s are released and also e.g. they would be given away in a lottery etc.
For me they are also too expensive to afford and too much uncertainty to wait for a very long time e.g. some month to years.
I would have thought about ordering them if I already knew and liked the new R2 and if they would be available soon. But so it's too risky for me. :cry:
stet

Post by stet »

I didn't buy into these. I am not in a position where I can affort to put forth over $800 USD for puzzles which will be years away.

If they weren't both at the same time, and both pre-pay so early than I would have been able to get them.

I really thought the idea of pre-paying for RevoMazes what were not ready to go was long dead. I guess not.

It is a real shame as I was intending to get the e ntire R2 series. Now that I am not going to my thought on them are changing...
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
redlaymerej

Post by redlaymerej »

I am a college student and have budgeted money for 3 puzzles a year. There is no way that I could pay $800 for two puzzles when I haven't even received mercury yet. Disappointed.
Obs - OPEN+BR01801 OPEN+CLOSED
Voyager #40

Return to “Makemake & Eris General”