Revomaze R2 Prototype (As seen in Wired)

General Questions and Progress Updates.
Rachel K

Re: Revomaze R2 Prototype (As seen in Wired)

Post by Rachel K »

7.30pm GMT is when the UK lottery closes.
pcad

Post by pcad »

What, Not EST ? Darn !
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

vcif wrote: Regardless of any statistical calculation, if I were a late purchaser and saw that number 4 came up on the 26th, there is no way I would pick number 4 for the 1st. Would you?
29 was called both on Feb 1st and 5th. Stranger things have happened :)
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

Even if i dont win i would love to See the same number on the 26 and 1

It would just seem more fair

But anyway i never win
(It would be a first and there is a first for everything :) )
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Really, regardless of the math (or maths) my only real concern over this whole event is that the rules of the competition were modified to benefit a subset of people. They didn't modify any rule that benefits me, but they did for others. It's as simple as that. It's a practice that I feel needed to be addressed because it's not moral in the context of a competition. It may be moral in a personal sense, but in a competition personal bias by competition administrators is immoral.

The item, regardless of what it actually is, was called a number ticket for the purpose of acquiring the Jupiter prototype. The primary reasoning for everyone's purchase was initially to get a chance at the Jupiter Prototype, the secondary reasoning was to receive the credit/voucher. Or at least that is true for the very first purchaser of the ticket. They are almost guaranteed to have read through seeing the Jupiter Prototype before the credit. That individual should be expected to be aware of both conditions before purchasing, but the initial intent and attention grabber was for the Jupiter puzzle so the bearing of the credit shouldn't be given the weight it has been. Right now at the time of this post with exactly three numbers left available I expect that EXACTLY £5520 has been accepted. That doesn't effect me personally, unless entries were given out free to anyone (Not saying this has happened). But it would effect anyone who has not yet purchased a chance and is considering, unfairly.

In regards to knowing the 26th number before the first. That has absolutely and completely no bearing whatsoever. They are independent drawings. There is no added bonus of knowing what occurred on the 26th to anyone on the 1st. If 32 is drawn on Wednesday, 32 has exactly the same odds of being drawn as 1 does, or 2, or 3, or 4. With the logic that knowing Wednesday's drawing could influence Saturday's drawing, no number at all would be chosen. Believing Wednesdays drawing influences anything at all about Saturdays is superstition.

Anyways, I think that wraps everything I have to say on the topic. Good luck everyone, I do not hope your number loses, either day.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

lets hope that the 26th come us with an unchosen number. But I'd be okay with the winner on the 26th getting a free additional number for the 1st if one is still available (they still forfeit the 120).
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
pcad

Post by pcad »

The only numbers left are 29, 47, and 49.

I'd say that the R2 Jupiter Prototype has successfully raised the expected funds for Chris's second machine.

It seems likely that the bonus ball will match somebody's number tomorrow. By Saturday I'd expect the last three numbers will have been sold and one lucky puzzler will win their prize.
Last edited by pcad on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

The store is showing five as available.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
pcad

Post by pcad »

I was using the initial post for this thread for my info. It seems that Chris has been pretty good about editing in which numbers are still available for the last couple of days. I can't imagine he'd remove a number from his opening post unless someone has bought it.

OTOH, I may be wrong and you're right. 3 numbers or 5 numbers, most have been sold.

I hope he buys a nice machine and shows it to us when it arrives since we've all contributed to it.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
stet

Post by stet »

It looks like this might sell out before tonight's drawing (if it isn't already). If it does, why not use tonight's drawing as originally planned? Those who couldn't participate until after tonight's drawing won't be able to after it sells out anyway.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered

Return to “Jupiter General”