Mercury!

General Questions
03SVTCobra

Re: Mercury!

Post by 03SVTCobra »

halfbake69 wrote:Trying without center piece !! What a great idea to keep my hand busy until i get the new shaft
Thanks
It works but the draw rotates a little more than it should. It can at least keep you puzzling and mapping.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
y2khappens

Post by y2khappens »

I have gathered from the posts, the following are needed corrections:
1. Longer drawbar
2. One large O-ring to replace 3 small O-rings.
3. Stronger spring
4. ???
Bill
pcad

Post by pcad »

"First point is that Mercury is not the First - Easiest. We are not doing that. The challenge will grow and more solving will be needed on the later puzzles. Mercury is a progressive puzzle based on the planet as will be Venus (and all the rest)."

Is anyone else confused about the above, or am I the only one?

I thought that the Mercury is first R2 and was supposed to easier than the rest. If it's not the first, then what is it? If all the other mazes will be more difficult than the mercury, why isn't it the easiest?

Is the Mercury puzzle progressive within itself? Perhaps it's the cosmic voyager series that's progressive in difficulty.

It's a very confusing statement. I wish he'd clarify what it's supposed to mean?

Edited to reduce the rhetoric. :oops:
Last edited by pcad on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Bidle

Post by Bidle »

Maybe you can ask him??

It can mean all kind of things. Maybe the next one is so different from this one that it is not considered as a second. Therefore the Mercury is just different. Or the statement is confusing on purpose just to make you wonder. :lol: ;)
Last edited by Bidle on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Post by ReVoMaster »

Based on the features of the planets, we have found Mercury to be very interesting because it has so many craters. This made the puzzle interesting from a design point of view and I wanted to represent the planet as best as I could.

Lets be clear, there are going to be no easy or hard puzzles - just challenges that will some may do quickly while others may take longer.

The R1 Blue came in around 2-3 hours while the Bronze was 40. One person received his Bronze at 11am and had it open by 5pm while others have taken a year.

Many found different parts of the puzzles more or less challenging. So is Mercury easy - no, is it a challenge - yes.

I felt that the two static puzzles will be interesting and new to keep people occupied. When Earth comes in, then the stakes raise like the Bronze as we introduce more thought as well as solving. Some may prefer these as once solved as they can be repeated easier.

So over the course of the puzzles, I will be increasing the level that you need to raise your game to solve and not to bring in extremely difficult designs. By the way, BB's will not be used due to the R2 design and the fact it would be difficult to stop them going to parts that can jam the puzzle.

If I bring out a "Starter" maze, that can be done and sold just as a disc so friends and family can use one of your backs to play.

Until then, I am concentrating and continuing to bring the Cosmic series and hope by the end everyone will have a favourite.

Regarding the next batch, work is starting on the backs and I will give everyone in the first 20 enough time to give me feedback. Of course I want the puzzle to be as good as possible so this is a great way to ensure this.

Changes have already been made based on what has already been said.

While Sophie keeps a good eye on the forum, those 20 "initial testers" who would like to converse can do so directly with me chris.pitt@revomaze.co.uk rather than the forum. What I can say is that everyone in the first batch are being very constructive and doing all they can to ensure that information is not being incorrectly placed to spoil it for others. Thanks to everyone for that.

My aim is to learn and remedy as much as possible so the next group will have the challenge I wanted.

Hope everyone is ok with this.

All the best

Chris
ReVoMaster
pcad

Post by pcad »

Thank you Chris, that clears up the ambiguity of the previous statement. I apologize if I sounded too critical. If I had an issue that pertained to just my maze I would have contacted Sophie as I have many times before.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

Hmm... I wonder what Jupiter will be like :twisted:
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
Sejanus

Post by Sejanus »

Thanks for the info Chris!
R1:
Open: BU00955 (RIP) & 1055, Green, Bronze, Red

Voyager #44:
Open:
Closed:Ç
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

Thank you Chris!
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

robbaylis79 wrote:Hmm... I wonder what Jupiter will be like :twisted:
Gas giant planet had a gas maze with gas walls that you can sometimes go through =P

Return to “Mercury General”