Mercury Release

General Questions
CzMeteo

Re: Mercury Release

Post by CzMeteo »

RevoGirl wrote:
Although the UK puzzles were not affected by the drawbar issue they do need to be individually tested in the same way as the others.
Why would the UK puzzles not be affected by something! Shouldn't they be the same exact puzzles?
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

CzMeteo wrote:
RevoGirl wrote:
Although the UK puzzles were not affected by the drawbar issue they do need to be individually tested in the same way as the others.
Why would the UK puzzles not be affected by something! Shouldn't they be the same exact puzzles?
Good question. :?
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
Rdroege

Post by Rdroege »

CzMeteo wrote:
The UK puzzles were all measured using the metric system, which makes them much more accurate than the US ones. ;)
BU00613 open GR00374 open BR00308 open R00026 open
AG00262 closed OR00127 closed
AU00168 boxed TI 38/50 boxed LI 00012 boxed
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

Which again begs the question, why would they be any different?
Sejanus

Post by Sejanus »

CzMeteo wrote:
RevoGirl wrote:
It was mentioned back during the original notice of delay post that the ROW puzzles were the first ones completed and the UK ones were done afterwards. While it doesn't say exactly why the ROW ones ended up shorter (or I guess why the UK ones were longer?), it does explain why only ROW was affected (being the first batch of the first batch of 20 completed).

Might be something similar to the old R1 pin issue? A slight variation that seemed unimportant but ended up causing issue later on.. but that is just a guess on my part.
R1:
Open: BU00955 (RIP) & 1055, Green, Bronze, Red

Voyager #44:
Open:
Closed:Ç
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

CzMeteo wrote:
RevoGirl wrote:
I suspect because the drawbars were the last components made and were being made and installed straight in to the puzzles before being packaged up. Since the ROW ones were due to be posted first, it would be those that would have them first. Only after installing a bunch was it realised that the shorter bar didn't work quite as well. The UK ones were unaffected because the bars probably weren't made until after the mistake was picked up on.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
jerryloo71

Post by jerryloo71 »

bluesign2k wrote:
CzMeteo wrote:
RevoGirl wrote:
I suspect because the drawbars were the last components made and were being made and installed straight in to the puzzles before being packaged up. Since the ROW ones were due to be posted first, it would be those that would have them first. Only after installing a bunch was it realised that the shorter bar didn't work quite as well. The UK ones were unaffected because the bars probably weren't made until after the mistake was picked up on.
I guess whatever discussion on what happened is now academic. What's important is that the mistake was discovered before shipment and rectified. I think it would have been a much bigger pain in terms of cost, effort and time wasted if the ROW orders were already shipped before the mistake was found, both for Revo HQ and for the owners.
Bidle

Post by Bidle »

RevoGirl wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have just started work and found the below message on my desk to be posted to you all. Chris is not in work this morning as he has had to visit with the Engineers over a separate issue. I do expect him back later this afternoon, around 4.30pm, and any (technical) questions you may have I shall be able to put to him then as i'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do them justice :oops:

Dear All,

The R2’s going to the rest of the world earlier this week were ready and packed. Michael managed to open our test production puzzle – but mentioned that the bar was slightly short allowing some slight movement in the end reset. This was unforeseen and I had to check the ROW puzzles packed up and found they too had this.

The UK ones are not affected as these had slightly longer bars (I did the ROW first).

Kind Regards,

Chris

Come on guys, just read all the post, it was just a mistake. Are all the specific detail really so important? It is what it is.

Soon you'll all have your new puzzle and forgot about this small bump in the road. :D
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

Bidle wrote:Soon you'll all have your new puzzle and forgot about this small bump in the road. :D
Boom.
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
vcif

Post by vcif »

Speaking of drawbars...

I'm sure everyone uses their dominant hand to manipulate the R1 core.

The R2 looks like it requires rotation of the disc and in/out motion on the drawbar.

I imagine I would use my dominant hand for the drawbar, but it's not clear to me.

What does everyone think?
BU2034 O 5.26.13
GR1803 O 6.15.13
BR V2 O 6.22.13
OR136 O 7.29.13
AG 1511 O 8.17.13
LI 245 O 2.1.14
TI 21 O 2.8.14
GM O 1.13.15
CU 96
Voyager 96

Return to “Mercury General”