General Pre-launch Discussion

General Questions
Rachel K

Re: General Pre-launch Discussion

Post by Rachel K »

Hi All

Just to inform you of where we are at with the Mercury puzzles. Unfortunately we were unable to get the first 20 out before Christmas which was the unofficial date we were aiming for. However we are optimistic that the first 20 puzzles will be sent by the last week in January 2014. Chris is not rushing this production, wanting to test every puzzle, and will be working right through Christmas to do so. When the anodizers reopen again in the New Year we intend to take the maze ‘tops’ to them. We estimate that they will hold them there for around 2 weeks. We will then receive them back, assemble them and get them shipped out.

As many of you may have seen from the forum pic we had the backs anodized last week and were pleased with the finish. The backs have taken the longest time to produce, originally Chris was using a 3mm cutter which took around 9 hours to produce one back, and by increasing the cutter to 8mm he was able to drop this down to 6 hours. Chris has recently purchased a 12mm cutter which will reduce the time down to approx. 3 hours. We anticipate this will positively impact the manufacturing time of the remaining 80 puzzles.

We don’t want to spoil anything by revealing a pic of the mazes in production but below are some pics of the puzzle tops being worked on by Chris so you can get an idea of how the final product will look.

We have also been doing some secretive work on the competition which has been finalized. Over Christmas we urge you all to take some time to ponder on the night sky.

Both Chris and I wish you a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year. I will be taking Christmas leave from tomorrow and returning back Thursday 2nd January, when I shall be answering my emails and PMs. Chris, on the other hand, will not be taking leave and if you have any urgent need to contact HQ over Christmas please address your emails to chris.pitt@revomaze.co.uk
We foresee a productive 2014 and confidently plan the release of the first 3 puzzles in the Cosmic Series.

All the very best,

Sophie
Attachments
R2_Mercury_Maze.gif
R2_Mercury_Maze.gif (293.13 KiB) Viewed 9737 times
R2_Mercury_Top.gif
R2_Mercury_Top.gif (299.18 KiB) Viewed 9737 times
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

Thanks, Sophie!
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Gleaning what I can from Sophie's post, I can say with relative confidence that those are almost certainly... The tops of the puzzles.

Thanks Sophie, Happy Holidays.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

That's a good gift for Christmas
I love update Like this
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
redlaymerej

Post by redlaymerej »

Good to hear progress is being made. Thanks for the update.
Obs - OPEN+BR01801 OPEN+CLOSED
Voyager #40
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

This post has moved far too far down the list while ive been away for 2 weeks...

So thought id bump it back up!

Anyway.... whos excited for the Mercury launch eh? :D
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
Orko

Post by Orko »

After hours of thinking......i would say I AM!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
better, mrhero? :D
Last edited by Orko on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
Mrhero

Post by Mrhero »

Orko wrote:After hours of thinking......i would say MEEEE!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you a sheep? :lol: :lol: MEEEE ;)
OR00253 open 20 h 23/11/13
GR01832 open 2.5 h 2/12/13
LM00253 Uuuuuuuuuuuuughhhh.
AG01864 finally cracked the beast!! 100h 19/09/2020
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

I'm very excited too. I'm getting no where with Silver or Lime and I'm not and probably ever going to mess with the gold.

I need something to do with my hands.!! :)
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

I know the feeling.. I shelved the gold for a bit since school started again.. pain in the rear it is..
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

Return to “Mercury General”