General Pre-launch Discussion

General Questions
BarnDoor

Re: R2 Mercury - Available to order

Post by BarnDoor »

robbaylis79 wrote:I get a funny feeling that the payment for the R2 and Voyager status is to help fund the CE sets that have only just started rolling out.
Lets hope ezamover buys the Purple for £ 6000. That should help a bit :lol:

From my point of view, I'm pleased that the CE sets are going out steadily now. They should be done by the end of September. Then there are just the minis and the R2 Mercury orders to work on.

Meanwhile there are still R1s selling (nice to see Silver in stock again) ...
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

While all of these things are happening and some times they take longer than we like. HQ delivers a high quality product that lots of us just can't get away from (not that we want to either). Seems like any company... there is a difference between the design and then how it actually comes out. So the plan looks good and something goes wrong whether its in the production, the plating or perhaps even switching engineering firms.

Be patient. We're fans of someone who really WANTS to create these puzzles. Give him the time he needs to produce the high quality products we desire.
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
noshaq

Post by noshaq »

Naz737 wrote:While all of these things are happening and some times they take longer than we like. HQ delivers a high quality product that lots of us just can't get away from (not that we want to either). Seems like any company... there is a difference between the design and then how it actually comes out. So the plan looks good and something goes wrong whether its in the production, the plating or perhaps even switching engineering firms.

Be patient. We're fans of someone who really WANTS to create these puzzles. Give him the time he needs to produce the high quality products we desire.
+1 on that!

CE-set #12
CE012BU -> Open | CE012GR -> Open | CE012BR -> Open | CE012AG -> In hand
OR00212 -> In hand | LM00212 -> Closed
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Naz737 wrote:While all of these things are happening and some times they take longer than we like. HQ delivers a high quality product that lots of us just can't get away from (not that we want to either). Seems like any company... there is a difference between the design and then how it actually comes out. So the plan looks good and something goes wrong whether its in the production, the plating or perhaps even switching engineering firms.

He can have all the time he wants just give us updates and don't give unrealistic timelines. Don't take money before something is ready to ship. I don't think I will be pre-ordering or paying for anything moving further unless it is ready to ship.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
Killerkel

Post by Killerkel »

He can have all the time he wants just give us updates and don't give unrealistic timelines. Don't take money before something is ready to ship. I don't think I will be pre-ordering or paying for anything moving further unless it is ready to ship.
I tend to agree. I don't like the pre-order or the ready to order they will be ship next month.....and that turns into years!!

Can someone explain why, when I buy anything else online it is shipped the next day!

Only sell what you have stock of..simples :lol:
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

03SVTCobra wrote:And there are hardly any updates and there will be plenty of undelivered puzzles if they keep taking orders for new ones that aren't made yet while they are still trying to get old orders out2. They will just keep backlogging orders and the same thing will happen again. There seems to be a pattern here.
I don't agree. I think there are many and good updates now after Sophie joined us. Both announcements from Sophie, Chris, Alimorris and bluesign2k and fast and good answers from Sophie if I have asked questions by mail.

I think the communication is as good as I want just now, so keep up the good and hard work!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

but the pattern here has long been established. nothing has changed at all.
I'm guessing we'll be lucky if we get the R2 mercury this year.
the updates are vague and basically say the same things each time. no real detail and no real news.

I'm convinced the Voyager and Mercury orders were to fund the CEs. So expect another pre-order announcement before Mercury ships!
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

I do agree. I'd like to think the flux would level out to a normal level and I think it will once these orders are filled. Its frustrating but I know the patience, in the end, will be worth it.

Hooray Optimism!
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

Naz737 wrote:I do agree. I'd like to think the flux would level out to a normal level and I think it will once these orders are filled. Its frustrating but I know the patience, in the end, will be worth it.

Hooray Optimism!
I waffle between cynicism and hopefulness...
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

smiteo wrote:I'm convinced the Voyager and Mercury orders were to fund the CEs.
FWIW, I was led to believe that the Voyager status helped pay for the new machine(s) Chris bought. These machines are for manufacturing the R2s.
Having recently asked Sophie about the state of the Mercury, I was told the same as Ali - that Chris is spending the majority of his time on the CE sets. Hopefully these will be all done soon so he can get on with the R2s... which from what I've heard about and played with recently, should be pretty cool!
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze

Return to “Mercury General”