General Pre-launch Discussion

General Questions
pcad

Re: R2 Mercury - Available to order

Post by pcad »

While I wasn't here in the early days, I believe the blue, green and bronze rolled out as expected. Then the silver had trouble in its first release and had to be fixed. Then the gold took forever. I'm guessing at least a year between ordering/payment and delivery. In the meantime CE sets were bought and the obsession line was introduced. The red and black extremes were also delivered before the gold.

So yes, there were long delays for the gold revomaze. It didn't help that the gold was a significant departure from all previous revomazes.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

I'm pretty sure the Gold was nearly 2 years late (if not over 2 years!), unless I'm thinking of the Collectors Sets, which some people are still waiting for!!!

That's the reason why I've not bothered emailing Chris or Sophie, as I know I they probably haven't got a date (or if they have, they won't make it!) and we could be waiting a while.

Therefore I'm just sitting patiently, checking back here every once in a while.
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

I got an email from Sophie this morning explaining how the CEs that were sent out last week or so ran longer than they would have liked so my gold CE got moved from the 9th to the 16th. Im not worried about it but thats the story!
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

an update for R2 is long over-due. this is chronic behavior from RevoMaze - disappearing with no news, months after the promised original ship date, after taking money for a product that wasn't ready yet. All things they said they wouldn't do again.
*SIGH*
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

I get a funny feeling that the payment for the R2 and Voyager status is to help fund the CE sets that have only just started rolling out. Im actually starting to lose interest in this product after the long wait. Especially as ive paid about £200 out for something we were told would be ready by the end of May. What im asking myself now, is if this happens on a regular basis, then how long would it take to get the whole set of R2s out? If ever...
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

robbaylis79 wrote:I get a funny feeling that the payment for the R2 and Voyager status is to help fund the CE sets that have only just started rolling out. Im actually starting to lose interest in this product after the long wait. Especially as ive paid about £200 out for something we were told would be ready by the end of May. What im asking myself now, is if this happens on a regular basis, then how long would it take to get the whole set of R2s out? If ever...
They work really hard to deliver all CE-sets and I also believe this is the correct priority and I have no problem to wait as long as we have updates and they are moving forward.
I also believe it will be much better in the future when there are no old undelivered puzzles. And it feels like we soon are there and maybe we can hope that we only can pay and order puzzles they have in stock.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

I ordered mine last week. As Im new to the Revomaze's I was not around for the other issues. I will say though that I also do the ISIS series and have had the next release on order since november of 2012. They were supposed to be delivered by christmas but as you can guess that did not happen and I am still waiting. I really hope that this does not turn out the same because I would be highly disappointed. Some delays are sometimes unavoidable but thats were accurate updates can stem the amount of frustration. All I can say is it better be worth the wait. If the R2 is a one day solve like the blue I might just have to cry..
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
noshaq

Post by noshaq »

All I can say is it better be worth the wait. If the R2 is a one day solve like the blue I might just have to cry..
I like the idea of making easier puzzles. I think it's a good idea and it might appeal to a wider group of people and might get more interested in the puzzles.

Anyway, here's whats said about he Mercury:
Difficulty: 50/100
Your journey begins with the R2 Mercury; much like the R1 Blue this puzzle is designed to help develop your mazing skills

CE-set #12
CE012BU -> Open | CE012GR -> Open | CE012BR -> Open | CE012AG -> In hand
OR00212 -> In hand | LM00212 -> Closed
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

robbaylis79 wrote:I get a funny feeling that the payment for the R2 and Voyager status is to help fund the CE sets that have only just started rolling out. Im actually starting to lose interest in this product after the long wait. Especially as ive paid about £200 out for something we were told would be ready by the end of May. What im asking myself now, is if this happens on a regular basis, then how long would it take to get the whole set of R2s out? If ever...
I have to agree with this.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

prodigy wrote:
They work really hard to deliver all CE-sets and I also believe this is the correct priority and I have no problem to wait as long as we have updates and they are moving forward.
I also believe it will be much better in the future when there are no old undelivered puzzles. And it feels like we soon are there and maybe we can hope that we only can pay and order puzzles they have in stock.
And there are hardly any updates and there will be plenty of undelivered puzzles if they keep taking orders for new ones that aren't made yet while they are still trying to get old orders out2. They will just keep backlogging orders and the same thing will happen again. There seems to be a pattern here.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|

Return to “Mercury General”