General Pre-launch Discussion

General Questions
robbaylis79

Re: General Pre-launch Discussion

Post by robbaylis79 »

bluesign2k wrote:... and thats why picking random dates or times out of thin air and conveying them as fact is totally unhelpful both to other users and Chris. Kindly refrain from such speculation in future.

zebrafinch, if you are interested in purchasing puzzles I suggest you contact Sophie. I can't disagree that on the face of it the proposed availability is odd, but there's evidently *some* reasoning behind it. While I think the 100 Voyagers should have first refusal, I don't see why future batches couldn't be made soon after to satisfy further demand. Unless non-voyagers register interest then Chris won't know the size of the interest.

Chris
I actually think 4 years is quite an accurate statement. We have been told that they don't plan to sell any of the puzzles to anyone else, until the 100 people who have purchased the 'Voyager status' have received the whole collection. Bearing that in mind, quoting anything less than 4 years would be highly unlikely.
I do feel for the late arrivals though. If I was a new comer that hadnt brought any of the previous puzzles id have lost interest after that amount of time :(
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
zebrafinch

Post by zebrafinch »

robbaylis79 wrote:
bluesign2k wrote:... and thats why picking random dates or times out of thin air and conveying them as fact is totally unhelpful both to other users and Chris. Kindly refrain from such speculation in future.

zebrafinch, if you are interested in purchasing puzzles I suggest you contact Sophie. I can't disagree that on the face of it the proposed availability is odd, but there's evidently *some* reasoning behind it. While I think the 100 Voyagers should have first refusal, I don't see why future batches couldn't be made soon after to satisfy further demand. Unless non-voyagers register interest then Chris won't know the size of the interest.

Chris
I actually think 4 years is quite an accurate statement. We have been told that they don't plan to sell any of the puzzles to anyone else, until the 100 people who have purchased the 'Voyager status' have received the whole collection. Bearing that in mind, quoting anything less than 4 years would be highly unlikely.
I do feel for the late arrivals though. If I was a new comer that hadnt brought any of the previous puzzles id have lost interest after that amount of time :(

I emailed Sophie and said I would order or pre order a Mercury if after the first 100 are all shipped and sent out that they make another batch for people not in the Club 100.

But if they really plan to make only 100 and not make anymore until the whole collection is mailed out, then like you said, that would be like years down the road and most people would forget about them or give up ever getting one.
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

Chris
My understanding was that the 100 voyager status people were guaranteed a puzzle at the set price and additional puzzles would be available after the first 100 were made and shipped. But I'm a little confused myself.. but I am sure that there will be some type of clarification in the future.
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
robbaylis79

Re: R2 Mercury - Available to order

Post by robbaylis79 »

Yes, originally it was put across that buying the Voyager status would save you money in the long run and get you them at a discount cost. Clearly from the statement below this changed some what. Now the Voyager status is simply something that you have to have if you wish to buy any of the cosmic puzzles at all. So buying the voyager status isnt what we originally paid for. Not sure if thats even allowed tbh, but I want the puzzles more than I want the refund :lol:
RevoGirl wrote:Hi Guys,

Just been having a read through the forum which I like to do around this time with my mid-morning snack :D Just to help clarify a few things, Firstly there is no commitment to buy the entire series of puzzles once Voyager Status has been purchased just as many of the series that you would like, if you purchase Mercury you will be offered Venus if you purchase Venus you will be offered Earth ect. The point we would like to make is that those 100 (or even possibly less if Voyager Status is retracted before all that are left are sold) will be offered each puzzle first and only when the entire series has been released will we contemplate selling them outside of the 100. These are highly specialized puzzles.

We wish to satisfy those 'core' customers who have purchased Voyager Status first before any others as they deserve it. There is also the fact that Chris is only one man and we, as a company of two, are very small ! We do not want to get 'over our heads' so initially 100 is a good number to work too :)

As to other limited edition puzzles being released over time (entirely separate from the Cosmic Series) this is something we have been considering however the number would be small and they would be handmade by Chris here in house, again this is only one consideration and until we get into the cosmic series we will be unsure as to how much of Chris time will be free to put into another project... but it would be nice!

Please do feel free to contact me with any further questions you may have.

Sophie
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
Mrhero

Re: R2 Mercury - Available to order

Post by Mrhero »

robbaylis79 wrote:Yes, originally it was put across that buying the Voyager status would save you money in the long run and get you them at a discount cost. Clearly from the statement below this changed some what. Now the Voyager status is simply something that you have to have if you wish to buy any of the cosmic puzzles at all. So buying the voyager status isnt what we originally paid for. Not sure if thats even allowed tbh, but I want the puzzles more than I want the refund :lol:
RevoGirl wrote:Hi Guys,

Just been having a read through the forum which I like to do around this time with my mid-morning snack :D Just to help clarify a few things, Firstly there is no commitment to buy the entire series of puzzles once Voyager Status has been purchased just as many of the series that you would like, if you purchase Mercury you will be offered Venus if you purchase Venus you will be offered Earth ect. The point we would like to make is that those 100 (or even possibly less if Voyager Status is retracted before all that are left are sold) will be offered each puzzle first and only when the entire series has been released will we contemplate selling them outside of the 100. These are highly specialized puzzles.

We wish to satisfy those 'core' customers who have purchased Voyager Status first before any others as they deserve it. There is also the fact that Chris is only one man and we, as a company of two, are very small ! We do not want to get 'over our heads' so initially 100 is a good number to work too :)

As to other limited edition puzzles being released over time (entirely separate from the Cosmic Series) this is something we have been considering however the number would be small and they would be handmade by Chris here in house, again this is only one consideration and until we get into the cosmic series we will be unsure as to how much of Chris time will be free to put into another project... but it would be nice!

Please do feel free to contact me with any further questions you may have.

Sophie
I guess it does save your money, maybe after the whole 100 voyagers will have their R2 series the normal customers will pay more than 100 GBP per puzzle.
Also the revos are much much cheaper at first. I read somewhere that a revo blue v1 costed around 70 GBP, now its 1.5 times more. So yeah, i think that the price for the voyager status is reasonable. I dont have one though , since i wanted to first collect the r1's and hopefully solve them all :mrgreen:
OR00253 open 20 h 23/11/13
GR01832 open 2.5 h 2/12/13
LM00253 Uuuuuuuuuuuuughhhh.
AG01864 finally cracked the beast!! 100h 19/09/2020
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

I know everyone wants to be in the first 20.. I think a fair way to distribute the puzzles would be to pick a starting point at random.. We all have a sequential number, just choose a starting number from the 100 and begin with that.. It would be fair to everyone and the first puzzle to be handed out would start with a different number each time.. Just a thought.. KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Regardless of 'first twenty' issues for future puzzles.

EXCITEMENT!
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

YES cool monday ship first 20
Finaly something to look foward ..... 8)
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

Alright. I hope it arrives quickly so I don't have to camp by my mailbox for too long.
pcad

Post by pcad »

Her email is appreciated since the end of janurary is upon us. Sounds like the anodizer is the critical step to get the mercuries and purples shipped on Monday. Hopefully all will go well.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves

Return to “Mercury General”