R2 Series - Update

General Questions
Kirk2000

Re: R2 Series - Update

Post by Kirk2000 »

I haven't seen a post in this update thread in a while. This is the current 2017 update thread. KIRK

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2322&p=54014#p54014
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

Thanks Kirk :)
Kirk2000 wrote:I haven't seen a post in this update thread in a while. This is the current 2017 update thread. KIRK

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2322&p=54014#p54014
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Rawdo

Post by Rawdo »

News are a bit scarse and a bit far in between for R2 series.. I hope that this series will receive some love for 2018 and that some kind of momentum start to pick up. :)
BlV2open GrV2open BrV2open OR00266open
R2 Voyager #74
Mercury pre-ordered
Venus pre-ordered
Earth pre-ordered
Mars pre-ordered
Ceres pre-ordered
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Rawdo wrote:News are a bit scarse and a bit far in between for R2 series.. I hope that this series will receive some love for 2018 and that some kind of momentum start to pick up. :)
Yes, I also hope that Chris will get up to speed now and I really believe it too. I don't know how long time it takes for Chris new machine to produce all parts for one R2 puzzle but the machine is at least up and running and I think 2018 will be a fantastic Revomaze year!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Luke1705

Post by Luke1705 »

prodigy wrote:
Rawdo wrote:News are a bit scarse and a bit far in between for R2 series.. I hope that this series will receive some love for 2018 and that some kind of momentum start to pick up. :)
Yes, I also hope that Chris will get up to speed now and I really believe it too. I don't know how long time it takes for Chris new machine to produce all parts for one R2 puzzle but the machine is at least up and running and I think 2018 will be a fantastic Revomaze year!
Being able to produce in-house is big. I know the machine can only work so fast, and it seems like demand is at an all-time high, but hopefully Chris will be able to hire some outside help to do some of the work that is able to be outsourced with the increased interest.

I know I'm not the only one who would gladly order some R2s once they are actually in stock.
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

Sorry to intervene.
As far as i know is the new machine Emco EM25 not the machine to produce R2 type of puzzles, as it has a maximum diameter of 85mm for the blank.
This is the machine to produce every forthcoming R1 of the revo series.
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

Dorothea, the shaft that the chuck on the new machine is that max size. Then you attach the oversized metal blank disc to a shaft adapter in the chuck, two pieces so to say. Then let the CNC machine do its thing. And Yes, the max diameter shaft blank is that size but there are creative ways to mill an oversized aluminum disk that would be the R2 bottom piece.. Chris is very creative. I remember he said the old machine took over 8 hrs to just mill one bottom section of an R2. His new machine should cut through the aluminum blanks like butter. I for one can't wait for the R2's to start flying off the CNC machine. KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
an803355

Post by an803355 »

So......any updates? It's been years and years since we first heard about the R2, and about 1 or 2 years since any announcements from the staff. Is this basically a dead project?
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

As excited as I am to start my journey with things as-is it would be nice to know about the future of revomaze. Delays happen, sometimes very long ones. Hopefully this project is still in the works somewhere down the line.
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
an803355

Post by an803355 »

@ghxost, agreed. I've emailed Chris to see if he has any info regarding this project and will post back if/when he ever replies.

Return to “Mercury General”