General Pre-launch Discussion

General Questions
Naz737

Re: General Pre-launch Discussion

Post by Naz737 »

See if you can write sophie and ask for access. There were a few places still open. Couldn't hurt to ask!
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

BBloke wrote:mmmm. mapping! I think I'll struggle. I work on the relative principle and map out from the start. And then try and line things up. Circles are gonna be a lot tougher for me!.
I was thinking the same thing, then i realized we were working on cylinders before... and we are still working on cylinders in series II!
nos6074 wrote:Also keep in mind the maze could be substantially longer. I'm wondering how many square inches the R2 will have for the playing surface.
its nice to have a maze where half the shaft isnt wasted. As a guess, i think we'll get a max of 20 square inches (probably closer to 19.625).

I expect it so be an over-sized CopernISIS that is actually fun, challenging, and will have a ton of replay value... then again, that is the RevoMaze standard!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Orko

Post by Orko »

a coppernisis, mhm :roll: do you think the pin is like the chamber of a coppernisis, or do you talk about this fingertips killing way of fiddling? :lol:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

to compare a revo to an isis in any way other than basic shape would be degrading and not a path i care to travel any further down. :lol:
Last edited by ReVoRabbit on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
PE
Obsession
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Orko

Post by Orko »

puhhh! then its okay. :lol:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

ReVoRabbit wrote:
BBloke wrote:mmmm. mapping! I think I'll struggle. I work on the relative principle and map out from the start. And then try and line things up. Circles are gonna be a lot tougher for me!.
I was thinking the same thing, then i realized we were working on cylinders before... and we are still working on cylinders in series II!
nos6074 wrote:Also keep in mind the maze could be substantially longer. I'm wondering how many square inches the R2 will have for the playing surface.
its nice to have a maze where half the shaft isnt wasted. As a guess, i think we'll get a max of 20 square inches (probably closer to 19.625).

I expect it so be an over-sized CopernISIS that is actually fun, challenging, and will have a ton of replay value... then again, that is the RevoMaze standard!
I agree it will be nice to have a lot more room with less wasted space. I can foresee these taking substantially longer to solve.. then if you take in the possibility of moving objects.. :twisted: I can't wait to hear the review from the first 20..
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Auroch

Post by Auroch »

nos6074 wrote:
ReVoRabbit wrote:

I agree it will be nice to have a lot more room with less wasted space. I can foresee these taking substantially longer to solve.. then if you take in the possibility of moving objects.. :twisted: I can't wait to hear the review from the first 20..
Definitely. It should prove most interesting.
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

nos6074 wrote:I agree it will be nice to have a lot more room with less wasted space. I can foresee these taking substantially longer to solve.. then if you take in the possibility of moving objects.. :twisted: I can't wait to hear the review from the first 20..
I welcome the change, but i think we will miss the Series I puzzles greatly. I also foresee the first puzzles to be rather easy and the later puzzle exponentially getting harder.

if you have not seen the spoiler images, do not read this:
Spoiler:
we know there will be moving orbs in each puzzle. accepting that as standard the first puzzles will be static. then i expect to see the dynamic features from series I carried over to series II. hopefully more of the early silver features and less of the late silver features. :lol:
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
PE
Obsession
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

There won't necessarily be "orbs" or "moons" (dynamic elements) in all of the Series 2 puzzles... the R2 prototype doesn't have any and it's difficulty is supposed to be on the same level as the 2nd or 3rd in the series.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

bluesign2k wrote:There won't necessarily be "orbs" or "moons" (dynamic elements) in all of the Series 2 puzzles... the R2 prototype doesn't have any and it's difficulty is supposed to be on the same level as the 2nd or 3rd in the series.
Hmm interesting.. I would have expected some kind of dynamic element.. But perhaps with the increased area for the maze there won't be a need.. I am highly curios to see how the new elements have come together.
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

Return to “Mercury General”